[FIXED] Sim won't stop eating

by 1BlessedNonni

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sim won't stop eating

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share your save file with me? You can DM me the link, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me saves:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 42 (1,208 Views)

Re: SIM won't stop eating

★★ Apprentice

I was directed here as I am also having the food never finishes bug, and was told saves are needed but I am on PS4 and not sure how to send one?

Message 32 of 42 (1,155 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Blood0rchid The SimGuru who wants saves posted just above you with directions. Save Sharing and Instructions.

Message 33 of 42 (1,132 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper thanks. I could do the video or photo option, but the actual transfer of files looks way to complicated for me....
Message 34 of 42 (1,111 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sim won't stop eating

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in?English
How often does the bug occur? occasionally I guess
What is your current game version number? Don’t have it handy to reference but as of 7/18/2020 there were no updates available.I’ll edit to add the number tonight. Edit: And of course, as soon as I logged in it auto-updated. So the version before 1.65.70.1220, which is what I have now.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Cats & Dogs, Realm of Magic
Steps: My Sim has very little money but was enrolled in university so I had him ask for three free meals from the vendor at the student center and took 2 home with him (he lives off campus) to put in the cheapest mini fridge for later.
What happens when the bug occurs?
His boyfriend (a realm of Magic townie) ended up eating one normally during a visit, but the other one he ate (and filled his hunger bar, from yellow or orange to full) 4 or 5 times before it actually completed and became an empty plate. I would just tell him to stop eating when he was full and then I’d put it back in the fridge. It was actually kind of useful.
What do you expect to see?

Well, I really shouldn’t have been able to stretch it that far. He lived on one meal’s leftovers for 3 days!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

Pufferheads and some CAS items.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Maybe? Hadn’t seen it before the most recent patch but didn’t happen immediately after either.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a save to share as he did eventually finish it. I will say that around the same time, another couple meals he brought home had the disappearing expiration date bug, so they may be related. Once I built him a kitchen to cook his own stuff those meals have behaved normally so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 35 of 42 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

So I had no save for you at the time - but my Sim's done it again! In this save, you should see him in his backyard holding a plate. This is the third time he's eaten this plate, and when he started this time his hunger was in the red. He's full now, but the plate's still not done:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Vobf9tqCI4GjZkP8fL0Oopsho8SWHBe6J/view?usp=sharing

Edit to add: Okay, so when you load it he actually appears in the house now, but he left his plate out in the garden. If you put that back in the fridge, he can eat it again. I've had 2 servings of grilled chicken left forever because he just keeps re-eating the one.

Actually, same save, another thing you might want to look at - when he sells the flowers/fruit, his mansion baron aspiration keeps popping up with the supposed lot value increasing. Don't think it's permanent though - not sure when it goes back down, maybe when I travel or go into build mode, or maybe just over time - but the next day when I go to sell again it's like it starts back down at the same base, which I believe is the actual value of the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 36 of 42 (1,037 Views)

★ Novice

Food glitch happens to leftover meals made using the counter, never had that with grill (like grilled fruit). Also, I think glitch has to do with the fact that food looses its expiration when placed in the fridge (since the Eco XP). I noticed it doesn't show a number of days till it is spoils. Very strange coincidence...I could be wrong on that though.

Message 37 of 42 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think the never-empty plate is actually empty once you’ve cancelled the stuck eating action and the Sim puts the plate down, as far as the game is concerned, which is why if you direct a Sim to eat it the action drops out of the queue and they’ll never do it - as far as they’re concerned it’s an empty plate even though it looks full.

I’ve found so far that if you get the food out of the fridge and put it on a counter or table, they’ll eat as usual and empty the plate, so it seems to be ‘get leftovers’ from the fridge that’s the problem. I haven’t tried that enough to confirm that, though.

The missing number of days left for food in the fridge is annoying. I’m playing an Apocalypse Challenge and even though I’ve lifted Culinary, under the updated rules there are still some food restrictions and I don’t like my Sims wasting food! It still doesn’t show up when the food is on the counter. It does show up sometimes, though, but I haven’t yet spent time trying to identify under what circumstances. I suspect it’s something to do with being off the grid - I haven’t lifted that restriction yet but am allowed to go on the grid for daily career tasks or skilling so I’m constantly switching between them. The fridge has to have ice added when off the grid and I wonder if the missing length the food will keep is connected to that as well as where it’s cooked.

Message 38 of 42 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@cikafitzI agree. I have the same issue and it comes from leftover in fridge. Once, the sims cancel eating while having food, then that food needs to be thrown away. In case of grabing a plate from group meal  is fine.

Message 39 of 42 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine won't stop showering while tense

Message 40 of 42 (770 Views)