Re: [OPEN] Sim won't stop eating

by thisisarealpainx

Original Post

Re: SIM won't stop eating

★★ Novice

It's not just ps4 though, I play on pc. I don't have the new expansion pack installed yet, but I've had the issue since the patch that came with it. 

Message 21 of 42 (1,696 Views)

★ Guide

This happened to me for the first time today.

I have a sim I'm putting through the Super Sim challenge, who has Forever Full and doesn't need to eat. For a bit of fun, I decided to test out the new Death by Beetles from mixology.

(NB: I mention that she has forever full because I haven't had her eat anything else and I don't know which other dishes are affected for her.)

I made her some ambrosia and had it in the fridge ready to go, but when I told her to eat it she just got stuck looping the animation, eating forever. A repair game didn't fix it and she can't be resurrected because she never stops eating.

Fortunately I had set it up as a separate testing save, but otherwise it would have been a disaster.

Message 22 of 42 (1,676 Views)

Hero
@missdeefying Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 42 (1,649 Views)

★★ Novice

I found that it happens if your sim has leftovers in the refrigerator, then goes to another lot. When the return home, the countdown timer for going spoiled disappears, and if you sim goes to eat the food after that, is when the sim wont stop eating, and the activity fulfillment circle freezes at 75%. It does not happen to food left on the counter.

Message 24 of 42 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@randy2355 So basically this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Expire-Date-on-food-vanishes-when-put-in-fridge/td... ?

For me those get eaten too but maybe there's multiple factors that lead to the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 42 (1,600 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict I am seeing this in my game but only on food where the eating action was cancelled and the plate then put away into the fridge by a sim. When the plate of put away food is retrieved to eat later, the won't stop eating hits. The progress bar goes to either 3/4 of the way and stops, or, won't start at all like what is occurring with movies on tv now.

IIRC from yesterday when I saw this, a partially eaten plate resulted in the 3/4 of the way stop and a cancelled eat action before the sim had taken a bite resulted in the progress bar not starting at all even though the hunger bar filled.
Message 26 of 42 (1,573 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. My Sim autonomously went to grab a Quick Meal (ham and cheese sandwich) from the fridge, and he kept eating but the plate would never empty and the action would never end. The lot was off the grid. Not sure if this makes a difference. It's happened many times already...

Message 27 of 42 (1,557 Views)

★ Guide

I'm seeing this happen from food taken out of the refrigerator- either leftovers or a quick meal.  If it didn't come out of the fridge, it doesn't happen.  They get stuck at 75%, and will continue eating forever if I don't cancel it.

Message 28 of 42 (1,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been noticing this on the PS4 (base game) version as well. My Sims will continue to eat, even though as their hunger bar fills up the food will not disappear from the plate... it gets stuck at 3/4 completion, and they do not get a moodlet. I sometimes have this issue with drinks also. I have to manually stop them from eating. 

Message 29 of 42 (1,476 Views)
Highlighted

Having the same problem here. I believe it began since either the EL patch or installing EL. Sims keep eating even when their hunger is full and don't stop until I cancel the action. Also, their bowl never completely empties no matter how many times they eat from it.

Message 30 of 42 (1,438 Views)