Re: Sim walking through walls and objects (Patch 1.69)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sim talking through walls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Im also experiencing similar bugs with birthday cakes, blow it out and some reason spawn outside and age up lol. I also have the wallthrough furniture bug in all my homes, and i also have issues with Instagram pics, sometimes im in the wall with my camera and to keep moving it around till it gets out of the wall oorr they run outside to the outer wall of their targeted pet/person for the pic and take it through the wall 😂. Playin on xboxone here btw, no mods or cc and i also have sound issues itll be fine, then get like crackly and then all music and vocal sounds just stop. 

Message 21 of 56 (1,060 Views)

Sim walking through walls and objects (Patch 1.69)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use furthest upper-left house of Windenburg. Get 3 sims to eat in the kitchen, and you'll see them walk through the wall behind the chairs to get around other Sims. This happens in all houses, and it wasn't happening before the 1.69 patch. Fixed it then broke it again!
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims walk too close to the walls, so parts of their body disappear into the wall.
What do you expect to see? Definitely keep them still and complaining instead of walking through the wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Can't play this game anymore without allowing patches to install. UGH! Like I've stated, it's the latest patch 1.69

I really don't feel like duplicating this for a screenshot, because it happens all the time.  Easily reproduced, and didn't happen since the last time this got broken.  EA should know what to do by now and stop breaking the game.

Message 22 of 56 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KingRayVeteran Merged your post with the existing report.

There's no need to make a new report if there's already an existing open thread on the topic, even if that was reported for an older patch or you haven't seen it before.

Only threads that are marked as fixed or are very old and don't use the template need a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 56 (1,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  Okay, when I get a chance, I'll find it and add my 2 cents. I swear, when there are older threads, they stop looking at them shortly after they're first reported. I've seen some that are over 5 years old and YES, nobody of importance is paying much attention to them anymore. New update, new problem.  Not sure why the other ones haven't been closed except EA isn't monitoring them, nor the OP.

Message 24 of 56 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KingRayVeteran I already merged your thread with the current one. Just click me too on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 56 (983 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim walking through walls and objects (Patch 1.61)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in a household and walk anywhere. Either following the go here command, or walking to follow another command. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims walk through walls, objects (desks, beds, couches, chairs etc), and stairs. Sometimes they kinda glitch when they walk through, like they're walking around an object and then glitch a couple tiles to the left/right and through and object, then glitch back to the correct path. It's the worst in my apartment on the eco lifestyle world, but also happens in households on the Get Famous world, University world, etc. Sometimes it's like they are ignoring all walls/objects and just walking the shortest most direct path possible, like theres nothing in their way. 
What do you expect to see? Sims not walking through objects. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I can't name exactly when it started, but it's newish. Like Definitely after Snowy Escape update, but I can't remember if it was that update or a patch that started it. Also, my two newest games are Snowy Escape and EcoLifestyle, I installed them both at the same time.

Please describe the patch or change you made: My game is up to date as of 12/16. So Snowy Escape update and the recent patches. 

Message 26 of 56 (947 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict What do you mean click you on this one?

Anyway, the original post was in March when it was a different version. They fixed it, then broke it in the last update for TS4. So, from March until this month, Sims weren't walking through things.
Message 27 of 56 (929 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran They never officially fixed this so if you weren't' seeing it, it might have been a different reason.

I meant click me too (sorry, typo, fixed that now)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 56 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  Really? They didn't fix it? But it wasn't happening until after I installed Snowy Escape and the subsequent patch. Ummmkay.

I also noticed I can place stairs directly beneath objects, like a couch. So, this is worse than anything I've seen.

Message 29 of 56 (924 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran There's always fixes that aren't in the notes but judging from the reports, it never really stopped since the first report made.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 56 (906 Views)