Re: [OPEN] Sim walking through walls and objects (Patch 1.61)

by Antta

Original Post

Re: Sim talking through walls

★★ Guide

I have not witnessed it being as severe as the original post, but I have noticed sims partly walking into or through stuff like the portable bar that spawns at dance parties or if the coffee table is close to sofas or chairs the sim will just partially walkthrough. I suspect it was a fix for the sims getting stuck all the time that needs some tuning. 

Message 11 of 56 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Novice

having the same problems, all my sims and NPC's keep walking through walls, kitchencabinets well actually everything.. 

Message 12 of 56 (1,594 Views)

sims walking through walls and obstacles

★★★★ Novice

Sims seem to be completely ignoring obstacles. My sims are walking directly through walls and objects. They are not clipping as they walk around something. They are walking directly through it. I have noticed it since EcoLiving release.

Message 13 of 56 (1,562 Views)

Sims walking through walls and objects

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars, Bowling, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play. It happens decently often whenever I tell my sim to go somewhere or complete an action somewhere else on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims seem to be completely ignoring obstacles. My sims are walking directly through walls and objects. They are not clipping as they walk around something. They are walking directly through it. I have noticed it since EcoLiving release.
What do you expect to see? Sims treating walls and objects and solids that cannot be passed through.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims seem to be completely ignoring obstacles. My sims are walking directly through walls and objects. They are not clipping as they walk around something. They are walking directly through it. I have noticed it since EcoLiving release.

Message 14 of 56 (1,561 Views)

Sims taking a shortcut through walls and objects

★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know how to find this. It has the most recent update.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets. Discover University. Seasons. Get to Work. Vampires. Realm of Magic. Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. Give sims directions to go places and see if they cut through objects or walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will walk straight through walls and objects when trying to go to other rooms/objects.
What do you expect to see? My sims use the doors and walk around objects in the way and do not walk through them as if they're not there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I begun having this bug after I installed Discover University, Seasons and Realm of Magic. I have always used custom content and have never got this bug before whilst using it so I think that it's something to do with the 3 DLCs I listed above. Sims (I think cats and dogs do it too) don't always do it but I quite often witness my sim taking the quickest route from one place to another through objects and walls. For example if a sim is in the room beside the bathroom and wants to use the toilet, instead of walking around objects and through the door via the logical route, my sim simply walks straight through the wall as if it wasn't there.

I will try to capture some screenshots but I don't have any right now to share.

Message 15 of 56 (1,509 Views)

Sims 4 - People Talking Through Walls

★★★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, city Living, Get Together, Get to work. Realm of magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Laundry Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make people come over to your house and they will talk to you through the wall
What happens when the bug occurs? When people come over to your house they Talk through walls and can see what your doing! best way i can put it is my sims where woohooing and another person saw it through the wall.
What do you expect to see? i expect to not see my sims talking through walls or to see what your doing in the other room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. turned off the scripted mods and custom content.

i don't have a photo or video! i never caught it on a photo because i didn't think it was necessary.

Message 16 of 56 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have had sims who got out of bed through the outer wall and ended up outside in the garden instead of beside the bed in the bedroom, as if the wall didn't exist.

Message 17 of 56 (1,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

My sim was in the bathroom and instead of walking out the door, she walked through the bathtub, through the wall into the bedroom, then out the bedroom door to get to the kitchen. And going from the kitchen, instead of going straight out the front door, she walked through the bookcase, through the wall into the bedroom and through the dresser on the other side of the wall, then back through the wall to go out the front door. This is a lot downloaded from the gallery and placed with move objects, but I have replaced everything, including the doors, without move objects. The only thing I haven't moved is the walls, and there is plenty of space to get around. I have mods but none of them are new, and this has never happened to this extent before.

Sorry, this turned out to be a broken mod.

Message 18 of 56 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Guide

Different save, different sim, different house, still from the gallery but no MOO.

Message 19 of 56 (1,358 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sometimes when my Sims walk they do go through the walls. I had a Sim head to the pool and on the way she kept going through about five or so times.

PS4.

Message 20 of 56 (1,349 Views)