by starstruckbee

Original Post

[OPEN] Sim wakes up just to pass out

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs excepting Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Kid's Room, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your sim's energy bar become extremely, but not totally depleted, then have them go to bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim completes the Sleep/Go to Bed action, sleeps for a few in-game minutes, then proceeds to wake up, get out of bed, wander off a bit, and pass out on the floor.
What do you expect to see? A sleeping sim to say in bed!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 11/12/19 patch and/or installing Discover University, as I did not play in live mode until after they were both done . ‌

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag

Message 1 of 15 (3,916 Views)

Re: Sim wakes up just to pass out

Hero
@Twikii Did this really not happen to you before ? I think they always did that.

If you get them to bed when they are on the verge of passing out, it's like the going to bed is registering too late and they get up again to do the pass out that was already initiated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,870 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, no, it never happened to me before. I can't decide if I'm happy that everyone has to deal with it or irritated that everyone has to deal with it. lol

Message 3 of 15 (3,857 Views)

Hero
@Twikii While for me it didn't happen often in all the time I played.

It's like when they just make it to bed at that very last moment when passing out.

Do you get it often ? I mean you put 100%.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,836 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Never had this before. But 2 sims have done this since the update. I don't have mods or cc.

Message 5 of 15 (3,814 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict It happens every time the bar is dark red at all.
Message 6 of 15 (3,773 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim wakes up just to pass out

★ Novice

My sim never passed out but I had to keep giving her the sleep command until her need was up. If I didn't she would get up after a few sim minutes and still in the red for energy.  

Message 7 of 15 (3,730 Views)

Hero
@adsch That sounds more like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (3,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I have a problem with the number of roommates. My sims is living on campus and it seems I am getting more and more roommates! The house has 6 beds but there has been a bunch of random sims (like 7-8 people, even the lobster guy) hanging out in the house for half a term already. So my house currently has like at least +12 people. They won't leave while they also don't sleep (i guess this is because none of the beds is assigned to them). The most frustrating thing of their presence is the amount of stuff getting broken down. 

Has anyone encountered this problem too?

Message 9 of 15 (3,688 Views)

★ Guide

Had this just happen to me today, but was slightly different.  Instead of immediately getting out of bed and passing out, he slept all the way until his Energy need was filled, THEN he got out of bed and passed out.

It was weird, and I couldn't cancel the interaction, even though his energy level was already maxed out.

Message 10 of 15 (3,573 Views)