[FIXED] Sim stuck at work/school (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

by DJ_Strage

Original Post

Re: Sim stuck at being at work when not

Hero
@93891084 Merged your post with the bug report.

Can you try leave early ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 146 (1,096 Views)

★ Novice

Tried to leave early and quit job nothing happened

Message 122 of 146 (1,076 Views)

Hero
Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 146 (1,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys! I have been having this same problem, as well as not having freelance projects pay out after task completion. I have been combing the web for solutions to no avail. So, I just requested a callback from EA. A technician called me immediately, and is going to send me an email with a possible work around. I was also assigned a case number. If there is a solution that works, I will share it here. I play on X Box One, so I am not sure if it will fix the problem on other platforms. Anyhow, fingers crossed! 

Message 124 of 146 (1,019 Views)

Re: Game thinks my sim is at work when at home.

★★★★★ Novice

Exactly what has happened to mine, unfortunately. 

Message 125 of 146 (989 Views)

Sims can't return from work

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims Icons staying grey after coming back from work, they are considered to be at work with some functions locked, but it is possible to control them. Trying to leave the lot will result in the manage-worlds screen with various error messages, for example 102:1b8986ab:dad7eddc
What do you expect to see? Sims return from work normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1020 Though it was existing before, just was FAR more rare.

This bug is just a resurrection of this - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Sims-Icons-staying-grey-after-coming-back-from-work/t... - I have nothing more to add. 

Message 126 of 146 (971 Views)

Re: Sims can't return from work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have this occasionally happen when a sim is hanging out on someone else's lot and go to work while I'm at their home lot.

Usually with regular careers the problem is they come home too early, but still show at work. Then when their shift is supposed to end they suddenly register as leaving work. But with the hand-holding careers (scientist, medical, police, actor) they don't have a set return time and I have yet to figure out how to get the game to see they're not at work.

EDIT: My actress finally registered as leaving work 8 hours after her gig started, but for whatever reason she returned to the lot she was at rather than coming home (that's not normal).

Message 127 of 146 (948 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim stuck at work/school (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

Hero (Retired)

I had this happen to me on PS4 just recently. My working sim received a Get Famous popup asking a question. The fame option gave the sim a promotion, and then they never "returned" from work. The sim was on the lot and playable at the correct time, but the inventory was locked as if they were still at work.

Message 128 of 146 (943 Views)

Salary person: sim come home normally but seems is still at work

★★★★★ Novice

Salary person career: sim come home normally but seems is still at work and the work icon go away after 2-3 hours from the normal work leaving hours. For example sim finishes at 7pm and comes back around 7:10 but the work icon is still on until 9-10pm.

Message 129 of 146 (912 Views)

After Sim accepts fame job opportunity, Sim will return but show as 'At Work'

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get To Work, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape Game: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires Stuff: Backyard, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With any employed sim, wait for a fame opportunity to arise. Select the option that will grant you fame.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will gain fame and other benefits as applicable but will come home immediately. They will show as still at work and the "Leave Work Early" option does not remedy this nor does travelling, resetting sim etc. Game must be quit and restarted for this to go away OR you will need to wait until next shift. The sim will normally return to normal after returning from the next shift.
What do you expect to see? The sim will gain fame and other benefits as applicable, then return home at end of shift. Their icon will not show them as 'At Work' when they are at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This occurred after I purchased my last bundle - Snowy Escape, Journey to Batuu and Bowling Night. I believe it has something to do with one of these additions.

Sorry if this has already been posted - I trawled existing bugs but may have missed it.

Message 130 of 146 (882 Views)