[OPEN] Sim not getting sleep moodlet after woohoo although sleeping

by SorchaNiC

Original Post

Re: My SIM wont wake up after WOOHOO

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Jbac10I'm having this issue, too. My Sim and the guy NPC she's dating woohoo'd and both fell asleep at about midnight. She gets up the next morning and he sleeps ALL DAY. I finally had to reset him but then the next time they woohoo'd, the game said it was their first time and he wouldn't wake up again.

Message 11 of 35 (6,220 Views)

Re: My SIM wont wake up after WOOHOO

Hero
@Jbac10 I realized there was already a report on this.

Merged your thread. Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (6,188 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim not getting sleep moodlet after woohoo although sleeping

Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this on PS4. The initiating sim will not actually sleep after woohoo although they are in bed and have the zzz's over their head, they don't get the sleeping buff or any benefit from sleeping. I usually have to reset the sim to get them to do anything else, like wake up to sleep properly.

The Sims™ 4_20200608201321.jpg

Message 13 of 35 (6,163 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim not getting sleep moodlet after woohoo although sleeping

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Yeah I'm having the exact same issue. No sleeping buff for woohoo initiating Sim. Have to reset sim and then ask them to go to sleep otherwise they won't gain energy.
Message 14 of 35 (6,151 Views)

after WooHoo sims are in sleep animation mode but not actually sleeping

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, all GP, a lot of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testplay the game
What happens when the bug occurs? after Wohoo the sims are in bed with sleeping animation, but they are not actually sleeping, there is no sleeping interaction in cue or active that i culd click to stop them. they stay there as long as they fE. loose all energy stand up and then fall unconcious.
What do you expect to see? i expect them to stand up or fall asleep. but not fall in a not-sleep sleeping hybrid state.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. new patch, new EP

after Wohoo the sims are in bed with sleeping animation, but they are not actually sleeping, there is no sleeping interaction in cue or active that i culd click to stop them. they stay there as long as they fE. loose all energy stand up and then fall unconcious. i could give them the sleep interaction, then they stay in bed and in sleep animation and would actually sleep.

Message 15 of 35 (6,154 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim not getting sleep moodlet after woohoo although sleeping

★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this too. For me the initiator falls asleep and will sleep for hours, while the other sim will "pretend" to sleep. They stay in bed, keep the awake mood colours, and won't wake up autonomously even when their needs go critical. They also gain 0 energy while in this limbo sleep state. You have to manually tell them to sleep before the game registers it as sleep.

Problem is this affects NPCs too, so you end up with someone in bed who will never wake up and there's no way to kick them out of the bed without cheating.

Message 16 of 35 (6,116 Views)

Sims not sleeping after woohoo

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Seasons, Famous, Cats and Dogs, City living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine out, Spa Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try woohooing in a bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are asleep in the bed but the emotion/mood shows that they are awake and their sleep energy isn't being filled.
What do you expect to see? Sims fall asleep after woohoo and the emotion/mood shows sleeping and the energy bar starts to fill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So this has been happening for a while now. I don't remember if it was happening before or after the patch. But every time my sims woohoo, there's always one of them that doesn't go to sleep even though they will be sleeping in the bed but the mood will show that they are awake and therefore their energy won't be filling up. I was going to take a screenshot but the screenshots don't show our sims moods or needs! 

Message 17 of 35 (6,105 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've found something annoying regarding sleep too, I used to see my sims doing woohoo and then sleeping in the same bed if their energy bar were medium or low, the problem is that they play the sleep animation but are not really sleeping, they lack the action that shows how much time they will sleep, and the energy keeps draining along with hunger and bladder. They won't wake up unless I click a small icon that shows up at the botton of their action bar ( like the sticky man who is sitting when they use a chair ) or if I command them to sleep, then they'll wake up, and go to bed again and rest.

Message 18 of 35 (6,039 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

Hero
@Vatzfu Moved your post over to the thread on that issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (6,005 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim not getting sleep moodlet after woohoo although sleeping

★★ Pro
@TheSteelRodent I found a more gentle solution: simply click the sim that is stuck idling in sleep animation to walk somewhere and they will get out of bed. No need to reset. Also if someone talks to that sim they will get up (this could help with NPCs).
Message 20 of 35 (5,912 Views)