Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by aidans1985

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

This problem started for me when I installed Realm of Magic. I have never had this problem before.

Message 71 of 127 (1,544 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just started noticing this too. You can start writing and complete the book all in one go (better hope you dont have to pee) but if you stop in the middle and try to resume it later the action wont drop down into the active action. I cant even scrap the books. 😯

Message 72 of 127 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you have Realms of Magic, try unsummoning your familiar. 

Message 73 of 127 (1,491 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@Drkmage02 Thank You! This helped Standard smile
Message 74 of 127 (1,452 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Drkmage02 That’s interesting. The sim I had problem with didn’t have a familiar, but his roomie had one. So he couldn’t resume writing his book because his roomie’s familiars was present. 😆
Message 75 of 127 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I encountered this problem once, in just one save file, and I believe it has something to do with the Realm of Magic pack and familiars. I found out that unsummoning a familiar prevents this problem, at least that's what happened in my game. Sims with the Bestselling Author aspiration tend to do it more often, I noticed it in two other families of the same save file. I hope a solution is found soon! Good luck!

Message 76 of 127 (1,412 Views)

★ Novice

I've just encountered this problem. My sim will sit down after I select the option to resume writing books and then glitch out of the seat and stand next to the seat. All other options work except for resuming books. Now all the computers in my house don't work :') I only have the base game with some cc installed but the resume writing worked after I installed the cc and it just stopped working yesterday. 

Message 77 of 127 (1,402 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just now encountered this problem. My sim finished and published one book. This second book was nearly finished, and now nothing. Won't resume writing.

Message 78 of 127 (1,354 Views)

★★ Novice

I often have this problem when my sim is working on a book when I leave the game. When I load the game later, the book can't be finished. I can pretty reliable avoid this bug by cancelling the write action before I save the game.

Message 79 of 127 (1,325 Views)

stuck in resume

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? parenthood, realm of magic, city living, get famous, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? scrap or resume writing on computer
What happens when the bug occurs? sims do nothing but action queued
What do you expect to see? sims scrap or resume the unfinished book on computer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qbMPOpF18krqBSEYQQJgsiaXiw0dzVXr

Message 80 of 127 (1,330 Views)