Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Novice

I still have this problem

Message 61 of 127 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I do have the same Poblem, BUT I think I found a workaround.

My Sim still can't delete WIP books or end books started over the freelance menu, but he just now finished a book (I tried him to write) over the normal writing menu. He could finish the book AND it got accepted by his customer (aka I finished the freelance job quest with it).

Just thought this might help all of us wo are struggling with this and the programmers to pinpoint the problem Standard smile

Edit: Oh and for me the task to delete or continue an unfinished book just stays in the queue and the Sim does nothing. So the task blocks the entire queue until I kick it out manually

Message 62 of 127 (1,702 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too but first noticed it only after the Freelancer career patch. I have tried with and without mods to no avail and so far the workaround is not working for me - my sim will not scrap any books started or even sit at the computer, just stands around until another command is given or autonomy kicks in. When trying to scrap or resume books, the action queues but remains inactive and never 'drops', being then superseded by any autonomous actions and lingering until the sim is reset or the stuck action (resume or scrap) is manually cancelled. Other computer actions work fine. I have all packs installed to date.

Message 63 of 127 (1,677 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★ Apprentice

Oh, seems my workaround sounded ambiguous...

I couldn't finish a WIP book. I startet a new one over the normal writing menu and that one my Sim finished (when he wrote it without pause). hope that clarifies the workaround?!

Message 64 of 127 (1,655 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SeiKaze_DA Exact same issue. Noticed it a few days ago. Just stands there. Took a break from the game for a day and it started working yesterday then today I boot it up and he won't continue again.
Message 65 of 127 (1,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In my case, I found that my sim, (spellcaster) will not resume writing the book while their familiar is summoned. This is an odd bug

Message 66 of 127 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG!! That's it!  That fixed my bug.  Had him try to continue to write or scrap the book with familiar out and he just stood there for a long time and refused to move. Desummoned the familiar and tried to continue again and he went right to it. THANK YOU!

Message 67 of 127 (1,494 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh, wow, that worked instantly! Thanks!!

Message 68 of 127 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@irukanjivenom Yes this is definitely the fix! Familiars broke the resume writing option (Freelancer)
Message 69 of 127 (1,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue started before Realm of Magic for me on Sims who are not Spellcasters so this fix won't work for me.

Message 70 of 127 (1,387 Views)