Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by LauroMex

Original Post

sim cannot finish writing a book

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? spa, get to work, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try writing a book
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my sim tries to write a book or resume writing a book it is impossible for them to finish the book. The action timer does not move. Even for something small like writing a poem or short story. I have tried this with multiple sims and it still has the same problem with all of them. It started after I downloaded cats and dogs and seasons.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to finish writing a book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after I downloaded cats and dogs and seasons.

In the screenshot, you can see the action in the bottom left hand corner. The sim has been attempting to write a short story for hours but the clockwise timer bar never moves.

Message 51 of 127 (3,185 Views)

Re: sim cannot finish writing a book

Hero

Hi @LauraYezagelian 

I merged your post with existing thread.

Try scratching the book and starting a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 127 (3,182 Views)

★ Novice

I have, nothing works.

Message 53 of 127 (3,180 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @LauraYezagelian, could you possibly share a save file with me where you've had this issue? Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 127 (3,168 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Happened to me today. I use writing a lot and never saw this before, so it must have been the last patch. Sim wrote a book, took several sessions. On the last session, before it would complete, the task just ended.  I restarted the task, Resume book. The task appeared for a split second and disappeared again. Tried quitting, restarting, different computers, resetting objects, sim, nothing worked. I left the book unfinished and started a new one. The new one finished fine. Resumed the other one and it aborted again. Like that one book was stuck.

I scrapped the book, it was a screenplay I believe. I'll try more, including that genre again as soon as I get the chance.

Message 55 of 127 (3,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here- sim goes to resume and the action displays briefly, what looks like a tense or uncomfortable moodlet shows (briefly, too), and disappears.  The sim just sits there- this affected the third and fourth book my sim started.  Sim is level 7 writing skill.  I don't have any cc or mod.

Message 56 of 127 (3,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

POSSIBLE FIX

README

Hello all i had the same issue and i stumble on  this topic keep in mind this might not work but it work for ME.

Currently my "biggest" Mod is MCCC  and i did  this steps

1. Save Game 

2. Restart  game 

3. "RESET" Sim

3a. Install MCCC, Click on Sim > Sim Cheat > RESET SIM

Note 1 keep in mind that if you activate Cheats , you should be able to RESET a sim.  W/O any Mod 

Note 2 I just retry and it will only work once... unless i repeat the 3 steps

Note 3 It only work "sometimes" it still bugs..

--------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will work for you.

<edit crin: Removed mod link as those are not allowed at AHQ. Please only name mods, don't link them>

Message 57 of 127 (3,050 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I tried scrapping the book, but that doesn't work either. In both cases, choosing the task adds it to the queue, but it disappears from the queue without moving down.

Save file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ogpnsz29j3qud2/save.zip?dl=0

Message 58 of 127 (2,887 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here too! 

Zero mods on my game. 

My sim just picked up the Freelancer career and can't even finish the first book with the client. 

I have my sim sit at her desk, I select RE

Message 59 of 127 (2,846 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Novice

I just had this problem for the first time today. My sim stopped writing a book at about 90% completion and cant work on it again on any computer. I tried resetting the sim and the computer but no luck. I've never used mods or CC either. 

Message 60 of 127 (2,766 Views)