Re: Sims won't resume writing

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

Hero

Hi @wildirishbanshee 

I tested your save as well (yes, this time it was the correct one Wink)

I also see the symptoms you're describing but I did the same I have done with @justine_chiro save and scrapped all books. After that I couldn't get the issue to appear again. I didn't test that long but I tried saving while writing, restarting, canceling the action, traveling, nothing made it fail again.

Guess we need more votes from other players.

Best would be to have voices that have this occurring on saves that never saw any cc/mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 127 (2,231 Views)

★★ Novice

Now that my sim has reached level 9 writing by practicing writing she is once again able to resume writing. maybe it's a glitch that only happens for level 8 writers. She is not able to finish the book she started writing earlier but when I made her start a new book and stop in the middle of writing it she was able to resume it later.

Message 42 of 127 (2,218 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just testing in a mod-free game on writing level 3 - everything is ok.

Message 43 of 127 (2,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Got this bug now as well despite I could finish 2 books before in the current game version. Write is at level 10 and I think the book was about to be finished when the bug happened and now I can't continue writing it. My Character sit down at the PC when I order him to continue it but immediate stop to work on it.

I got nearly every official DLC installed and using the most current game version, also I never used a mod.

Message 44 of 127 (2,157 Views)

Hero
DId you try scrapping all books and start over with them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 127 (2,150 Views)

★ Guide

I scraped the book and the next book worked fine. Its still possible that there is a problem with the Fantasy books as I now have written a Confidence book but I suspect was some kind of rare bug that happened. 

Message 46 of 127 (2,143 Views)

Thanks! Glad it was the right save this time.  Guess I'll be scrapping books when it happens again.

Message 47 of 127 (2,097 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem now as well,

i did not have any issues before the april 16 patch. I tend to do alot of writing. I had 2 sims just a few days ago (real life time) writing all kinds of books including fantasy.(this was a new game as well started less than 1 week ago). I had the all expansions for this save.

last 2 days i started a new game. Sim just hit leave 7 writing and fantasy books become available. I finished lvl 10 gardening career earlier today and did some writing of books for research, grants, and the other few options for writing books for fame. i created 2 normal books i think 1 children's and maybe a non fiction not sure. I started a freelance writer career, first assignment was create a motivational book (no issues here). 2nd assignment create a fantasy book, started it no issues. then stopped to sleep in game. next day was blizzard (not sure if matters) went to resume fantasy book and I have same issue. Sim sits down, looks like its going to start writing then just gets up out of chair many times. will not resume writing.

I never have had this issue before and everyone of my sims always invest alot of time in writing books including all types many of each. I never had expansions except the get to work one. I just purchased all the other expansions less than 1 week ago during origin sale.

hope this helps,

Rhah

Message 48 of 127 (1,992 Views)

★ Guide
I'm getting this too. Not every time I leave a book unfinished, but enough to be annoying. The action immediately cancels every time I try to resume a particular book. I end up scrapping it and starting a new one. That book will more often than not behave normally and I can stop and come back to it as intended. Then a few books later I hit the glitch again.
Message 49 of 127 (1,938 Views)

Re: Can't Finish Writing Books

★ Guide
Still happening every fourth or fifth book. If interrupted and resumes, action immediately cancels and I have to scrap the book. The next few books proceed normally. I can go do other things and resume. Then it happens again.
Message 50 of 127 (1,943 Views)