Re: Sims Won't Finish Emotion Books

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Just started in one of my game, no particular mood, no particular book, tried to change computer, tried to write at the library computer...nothing works...

Message 31 of 127 (2,346 Views)

Hero

Hi @justine_chiro 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 127 (2,333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sure! I'll do that!

Message 33 of 127 (2,302 Views)

Hero

Hi @justine_chiro 

I tested your save. I can totally duplicate the error you're seeing with that current book. I have then scrapped it which didn't really seem to do anything cause it stayed there but when I started a new book it went away and the error did not occur again for the two books I started (one emotional, one normal). Even after traveling or reloading the save.

Are you getting it all the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 127 (2,296 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried to begin a new book and the error came back with this book also but the faulty book was still there. 

After that I scrapped the first book and the second book was not working either.

I haven’t tried to clear all the books and then begin a new one. Apparently it worked for you!

so the solution would be to clear all your started books and begin anew!

Message 35 of 127 (2,291 Views)

★★★★ Novice
All try that as soon as possible
Message 36 of 127 (2,290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So!!

When I returned to my game I could resume writing an emotional book I began earlier but was unable to resume a normal book.

I finished the emotional book.

I re-tried to resume the other book: fail

I scrapped that last book and then began a new book (non-emotional, fantasy I think), stopped and then I WAS ABLE TO RESUME IT!!!

My guess would then be that you have to clear all the books you have begun to ''break the curse'' ^^

Voila!

Message 37 of 127 (2,274 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★ Guide

This happened to me after loading the current game from a save file if you saved the game when your sim is in the middle of writing a book.

Message 38 of 127 (2,269 Views)

Sims won't resume writing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have no packs and have removed all cc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim of writing level 8 try to resume writing a book they have started but didn't get to finish
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims go to sit down to continue writing their book, then, before they can fully sit down, they glitch back into a standing position next to the chair at the desk with the computer. Also, the action disappears from their action bar. And no there is nothing standing in the way of them or the computer.
What do you expect to see? Sims sit down and continue writing the book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

At first, this would only happen every once in a while with both a level 5 and a level 8 writer, then it happened all the time then after I removed my mods, repaired my game, and rebooted my game it only happened to the level 8 writer but still every time.

Message 39 of 127 (2,259 Views)

Re: Sims won't resume writing

Hero

Hi @cutesimanni 

do you have any lastexception files in the user folder for those ?

Does it happen with every book and every Sim ? If you scrap all current books, does it still happen ? Have you tried replace the computer and the desk ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 127 (2,246 Views)