Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

by GameGuyParker

Original Post

★★ Novice

Unfortunately so, it just happened to me.

level 10 writing and was resuming a biography, after accidently starting a different book, finishing that one, and trying to go back to this one. but being unable to. My sim sits down to write, then immediately gets back up and starts the next task. The task of writing never actually begins.

Message 11 of 127 (4,410 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so, while i don't know for sure if this caused the bug. but this is definitely something to look into

I have done this a second time now, with a second book, both that I can no longer finish. It happened that i was writing it (biography again) just before work, and when work came around i joined the work day immediately. I think this might have something to do with it. I currently am in the detective career and climbing the ranks, so i regularly switch to my work day. Could it be that by writing a book, biography in this case, and then clicking join when the window comes up, the bug is triggered?

It would be nice to have this looked into further.

Message 12 of 127 (4,393 Views)

Hero
I just tested this with my Sim. Playing the fame career and had no issues, even after joining. Maybe it's one of these: Just happening with this and that pack patch.

Could you list all packs you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 127 (4,387 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have much, just:

Expansions

Get to Work

City Living

Get Together

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat

Stuff Packs

Luxury Party Stuff

Holiday Celebration Pack

Message 14 of 127 (4,384 Views)

★ Guide
Yes, but the workaround that I found was to have the sim start eating and then queue up the resume book - then the action slides into place and you can cancel the eating - frustrating but it is still happening
Message 15 of 127 (4,370 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

"the workaround that I found was to have the sim start eating and then queue up the resume book"

I tried this, but sadly it does not work for me.

Message 16 of 127 (4,347 Views)

★ Novice

Yes when u go to write a book for my sims work she won’t get on the computer I’ve tried to put her on different computers in different places , she still just won’t write a book 

Message 17 of 127 (4,316 Views)

Hero

@Curlyvibes not write at all or not resume writing an existing one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 127 (4,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

She won't resume writing a book nor write a book at all. She can do all other things on the computer except write the book. And she’s in the writer career so she needs to do it for her job :/ btw I have city expansion packs and vampire world. And a few other packs too

Message 19 of 127 (4,300 Views)

Hero

Could you try a different household if it works there ?

Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 127 (4,285 Views)