Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sim no longer resumes writing books

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start writing a book and then stop before finishing it and try to resume writing it.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can't resume writing books she has started after taking a break. The day before installing Seasons expansion it was working okay but now she won't resume writing books. She will start new ones but won't resume writing ones she has already started.
What do you expect to see? Sim should resume writing book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons expansion installed

After installing Seasons expansion, Sim will no longer resume writing a book after taking a break from writing.

Message 1 of 127 (38,403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim no longer resumes writing books

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims didn’t write a genre book when “Write Genre Book” was selected.

As there are several issues that have evolved over time and there is a fix for the writing now, I'm going to archive this thread.

Please create a new thread if you have issues with resuming books.

If it's with spellcasters still, make a separate thread.

Thanks. all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 127 of 127 (25,789 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Sim no longer resumes writing books

★★ Apprentice

Wasn't sure how to update this without using reply.....Had sim move to a new house and try again to resume writing the two books she started.  I was still unable to do so in the new house with a new computer; however, she was able to start and resume a new book.  It seems to be working fine now except it looks like she will never be able to finish the two books she started previously.  C'est la vie.  They probably were not destined to be blockbusters anyhow. 

Message 2 of 127 (37,913 Views)

Hero
I was able to duplicate this yesterday on my save as well. There's definitively something broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 127 (37,898 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Indeed there is.  I spoke too soon thinking it was working now.  Once again my sim has a book she is unable to resume writing making a total of 3 unfinished books.  She is a critic and writing books is one of the job requirements.  She may need a note from EA excusing her from the work assignment to give to her boss.  Standard smile   I really don't want to change careers at this point so hopefully there will be a fix.

Message 4 of 127 (37,871 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 127 (37,823 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Scribbit

We have not been able to reproduce your issue. 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you!

Message 6 of 127 (37,768 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've had this happen in my game too, but it's not consistent and seems to be pretty random.  I even had it with a painting when I was playing a couple of days ago and dragging it into the inventory wouldn't fix it and my sim painted forever with no completion (similar to what I've seen with the books, they either keep writing and it doesn't ever complete or they keep cancelling the interaction).  I usually scrapped the books (and did the same with this painting) when that happens.  No mods/cc in my game and it's up to date. 

Thanks and regards, 
Jennifer

Message 7 of 127 (37,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I was able to replicate it a time but now, not so much. It seems REALLY random

Tagging @Scribbit again.

@MapleSimmer Did you have it before or after the patch ?

Changing to needs input for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 127 (37,726 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

I had the painting issue after the patch (I have a video going up on YouTube on Wednesday that it happens in) but haven't seen the writing issue since the patch (but my sims haven't been writing as much either since the patch).  I'll post again if I notice it as I do now have one sim who's doing some writing. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 9 of 127 (37,700 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still having issues with this after the Patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 127 (37,448 Views)