Re: [OPEN] Sim keeps getting 'Change phone color' action

by kevinbasile

Original Post

Re: Sims won't stop trying to change phone color

★★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL EXPANSION PACKS EXCEPT CoL and HSY/ALL GAME PACKS EXCEPT MWS and W/ALL STUFF PACKS/CKK-IAK-CSK-MCK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In any household, select any interaction that opens CAS (Edit Sims, Choose an outfit, etc.), once you are back in live mode, the action of changing color on the phone is already in the queue, it happens every time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims decide to change the color of the phone even though it has already been changed.
What do you expect to see? I expect that every time I leave CAS my Sims do not queue the action of changing the color on the phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? A couple off CC hair, no mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after patch 1.90.375.1020

It's a little bit annoying I admit.

Message 21 of 36 (1,190 Views)

★ Guide
A big me too to this. And yes, the game camera always zooms away from my active Sim to the Sim changing their phone cover, like I’m supposed to care lol. It happens frequently, and every new Sim I move in always seems to be attempting this interaction. Sometimes the entire household.
Message 22 of 36 (1,105 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ConcernedSloth02 Loading into any lot seems to trigger all Sims on the lot to "change their phone case"
Message 23 of 36 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except high school years and snowy escape. All game packs except journey to batuu, dream home decorator, my wedding stories, and werewolves. all stuff packs except my first pet, spooky, moschino and paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change phone cover color and then travel or load your household again after exit, sim will again perform this action
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims change every time phone cover color if you load game or travel with sims
What do you expect to see? That you sims only change once phone cover color, not every time they travel or you load your household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch.

It's not a super gamebreaking bug but it's just really weird. The phone color stays changed anyway as far as I'm aware.

Message 24 of 36 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ConcernedSloth02 My sims are constantly changing their phone case, so annoying !!
Message 25 of 36 (978 Views)

Re: Sims Constantly Trying to Change Phone Color

★★★ Newbie

EA support in a nutshell? Someone posts a fix and it gets removed -_-

Message 26 of 36 (910 Views)

★★ Guide

Just passing by to report that I also have the same bug. It appeared after update 1.90. xx (I have all DLCs, no mods, PC Origin, Portuguese).

Message 27 of 36 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

EA when are we getting a fix for this, please. It's not even just annoying for me anymore. It's all out bothersome. One moment you're into your romantic gameplay and then the camera suddenly flies across the whole map because one sim NOT from your household decided to pop in and change their phone case/color at that spot. It ruins moments and if you're anyone like me, who's super deep into their stories, I don't like being pulled away from immersion. And the fact THAT THIS IS CAUSING SIMS TO COME HOME PREMATURELY FROM WORK AND SCHOOL should be ringing bells for a fix. :C I'm so disappointed to see that it wasn't part of what was patched in the latest update.

Message 28 of 36 (774 Views)

★ Guide
@noodledxck Wait, Sims are coming home early from work? Imagine a Lawyer Sim in the middle of a case. "Wait, I have to go home and change my phone case!" And I thought my camera just wanted to play ping-pong, now Sims are shirking work? Wow.
Message 29 of 36 (715 Views)

Re: Sims Constantly Trying to Change Phone Color

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey, I actually found the Mod fix for this bug, it's LittleMsSam's New Random Bug Fix: Stop Change Phone Color Obsession. (Sorry no url link because we can't link to other websites).

Message 30 of 36 (629 Views)