★★★★ Novice

My sims change their phone cover every time when they travel to a new lot lol

Message 11 of 36 (1,513 Views)

Sims changing phone backgrounds upon exiting CAS unprompted

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and then exit and sims should be editing the background of their phones unprompted.
What happens when the bug occurs? I leave CAS and my sims in my household are randomly all changing their phone backgrounds.
What do you expect to see? I'd like the sims to stop changing their phone backgrounds upon exiting CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did not have this bug until I downloaded the HS years patch. I have updated all my mods/cc and they all work properly. I have also disabled all cc/mods and the bug still happens.

N/A

Message 12 of 36 (1,508 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim keeps getting 'Change phone color' action

★★★★★ Novice

This is yet another issue I'm getting fed up of. What is the point of us setting the colours/cases if they are going to change them every 10 seconds (The time feels like that honestly) as soon as they wake up, when they arrive at school, when they come home from school/work, when they come out of the shower and while doing homework. I know I like a good phone case irl however I don't change it that often, this issue takes the biscuit.

Message 13 of 36 (1,451 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue occurs on PS4 after newest patch. After every loading screen they are on their phones changing colors. Changing phone color manually didn’t triggered it. The first time I opened save after they update, they were doing it. It’s extremely annoying after a while.

Message 14 of 36 (1,436 Views)

Re: My sim won't stop changing her phone color

★★★★★ Guide
@squatchie98 So far I have only seen it when I reload or load into a lot.
Message 15 of 36 (1,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except any kits, Journey to Batuu, Werewolves, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a lot or travel to a lot. For the "infinite loading screen when resuming a game" simply resume the last saved game and wait to see if it ever loads...
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim always gets the action to "change phone color." For the "Infinite loading screen when resuming a game" after pressing "resume" on the main menu, the game will infinitely load, but never start up. A last exception file can then be found in the "Sims 4" folder on the desktop which will state this: "{Sim Name} running phone_ChangePhoneColor.
What do you expect to see? Sims not autonomously changing their phone color every time a lot is loaded/they travel to another lot. For the "Infinite Loading Screen when resuming a game" I expect the game to load me into my last played save without issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 07/26/2022

The same is happening to me every time I load/travel to a lot, but now my game won't load when pressing the "resume button" and I keep receiving a last exception error that states: "{Sim Name} running phone_ChangePhoneColor" so I'm assuming it has to do with the sims changing the phone color autonomously. The game however does load if I load a saved game and play from there, but resuming a save will result in an infinite loading screen and a last exception file.

Notes: This is happening with NO mods/Custom Content installed. A game repair doesn't fix the issue either...

Message 16 of 36 (1,349 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this is also happening to me since the update. Infinite loading screen after pressing resume and same LE 

Message 17 of 36 (1,308 Views)

Sims Constantly Trying to Change Phone Color

★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, Werewolves, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Strangerville, Bowling Stuff, A Few Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change Sims phone color and then load onto a different lot / go into manage worlds and come back,
What happens when the bug occurs? When you change your phone color, the color does change, but Sims still perform the "change phone color" interaction every time you load into the household or onto another lot.
What do you expect to see? For my Sims to perform the interaction once when changing phone color, and not again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch on July 26 that updated the phone ai.

After I changed my Sims phone color with the new phone ai, my Sims won't stop performing the "Change Phone Color" interaction every time I load into the household or onto a different lot. The phone color does change, but for some reason my Sims still perform the action to do so. I attached an image that shows the issue, and proof that the phone color did change, yet the interaction is still being performed by my Sim.

Message 18 of 36 (1,271 Views)

Re: Sims Constantly Trying to Change Phone Color

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I finnaly found a fix made by a well known modder. It's the first one. Enjoy.

[CM Edit: Link removed]

Message 19 of 36 (1,184 Views)

Sims won't stop trying to change phone color

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Pets, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Island Living, Get Together, Vampires, Dine out, Realm of Magic, Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change the sim's phone color then literally go anywhere else. The action pops up every time going somewhere or returning home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The action "change phone color" pops up upon arriving at a new location or returning home. They don't seem to actually be changing the color of the phone from what I set it to, but the action always comes up
What do you expect to see? That the action only happens once when initiated, not repeatedly happening upon traveling somewhere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This just seems to be a bug with the new phone features.

Message 20 of 36 (1,116 Views)