Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to age Teen up. Have cake. Add candles. Blow out candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim blows out candles. Sim teleports away from cake. Birthday cake moodlet appears, but nothing else happens. Other sims celebrate. Try again. Same thing happens.
What do you expect to see? One would expect the Sim to age up as normal and for the trait popup to appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated game.

Trying to age up a Teen sim. (It's not his birthday, but it's time for him to get lost.) I make a cake. I put birthday candles on it. He blows them out and then teleports away like it didn't even happen. The cake moodlet pops up, and other sims celebrate. However, he doesn't age up. He just goes about his business like it didn't even happen.

I did the same thing yesterday with different Sims, so I'm assuming the update I installed today is what broke it. I haven't changed anything else. Removed CC, cache, moved sims out and back in, debugged everything involved in the interaction. No dice.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17HcO9ny5-gfEzy-Af5usjrVB88HZMgBv/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 294 (62,849 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

According to the patch notes for 1.69.57 this has now been fixed.

"Happy Birthday to all! Sims will now properly Age Up. Adulting is hard but they will make it, don’t worry."

I have not yet however had time to investigate if that is the case.

View in thread

Message 293 of 294 (46,089 Views)

All Replies

Sims will not age up by blowing out candles

★★★★ Novice

My Sims will not age up by blowing out candles. And random sims keep coming over and baking cakes. When they bake the cake it is stuck in the fridge and can’t be used. When the sims bakes a cake the notification for blowing out the candle would disappear and the sim would act like its distracted or just would do something else. 

Message 1 of 294 (59,887 Views)

sim doesn't age up

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, cats and dogs, parenthood, outdoor retreat, tiny living stuff, toddler stuff feestdagenpakket, magere heins gitaar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put cake on the table, put candles on the cake, let sim blow out candles
What happens when the bug occurs? moves to the right, doesn't age up
What do you expect to see? ages up to next stage of life
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update of 10-11-2020

I tried it several times. I repaired the files in origin, tried again to age my sim up and the same thing happend. 

Message 3 of 294 (62,750 Views)

Re: sim doesn't age up

★★★★ Pro
@Gerdientje999 I just tested this with a young adult and he aged up correctly.
Message 4 of 294 (62,736 Views)

Re: Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles

★★★ Apprentice

I have come to the same conclusion as CaesarxAntony.

I had a family of five sims.

A child, a teen, a young adult, an adult, and an elder.

When the child, a female blew out the candles, she aged up successfully.

When the teen a male blew out the candles, he aged up successfully.

When the young adult, a male, blew out the candles, the same thing happened as with the original poster., the guy teleported abit back and nothing.

When the adult blew out the candle, she aged up successfully.

So, this issue seems to be with young adults only.

Now this save was created for the testing of this issue only, so it was created after 1.68.154 patch.

A savefile is available if requested.

Message 5 of 294 (62,694 Views)

Anonymous

Adding my own (mod-free) testing:

All Sims can age up by celebrating, but

Choosing "Age Up Sim" to select a Sim other than your currently active Sim, results in them acting like they're aging up but they do not.

Message 6 of 294 (62,630 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue, but with children sims. I am doing a challenge and it's time that I age them up, but the cake simply doesn't work.

So it isn't an issue just with teenagers, I think it affects all ages...

Message 7 of 294 (62,619 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For those affected by this issue, did your sim have self-assured trait?

I made another attempt where I made a sim and three kids, one with each of the same trait my affected sim had.

Art Lover, Self-Assured and Outgoing.

All three grew up to become teens.

The one who got the Self-Assured trait did not age up after teen though.

Message 8 of 294 (62,547 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@itsug My Sim has the self-assured trait and did age up!

If a Sim fails to age up, has anyone tried to simply repeat the process with new candles?
Message 9 of 294 (62,540 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, then that is not it.

Yes, I did make a few attempt with the same sim, both before and after succeeding with other sims.

I was thinking it could be trait related, but seems not.

Message 10 of 294 (62,535 Views)