Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim cant read excerpt from book

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs instaled
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim read excerpt from book
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim doesn't do the interaction
What do you expect to see? the sim doing the interaction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

for some reason i cant make a sim read a written book on a mic

Message 1 of 15 (2,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim cant read excerpt from book

★ Apprentice

It appears the latest patched fixed the issue

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (2,215 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Sim cant read excerpt from book

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Dies you Sim have a book they have written in their personal inventory?

Have you tested with mods totally removed not just disabled?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 15 (2,237 Views)

★ Apprentice
ive tested without mods and it still doesn't work
Message 3 of 15 (2,223 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I was able to duplicate this with a level Sim at level 10 writing skill.

She wrote a book and the option was there on the microphone but the action dropped.
Last exception log was generated

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>f6de20f3814d30c75cbd76f1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-04-22 05:28:26</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.51.77.1020-1.200.000.389.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:197</categoryid><desyncid>f6de20f3814d30c75cbd76f1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'PropObject' object has no attribute 'update_component_commodity_flags')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 612, in do_begin&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 988, in request&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 530, in _pre_request&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 396, in _get_prop&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 280, in create_prop&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 183, in create_object&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 152, in add&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 268, in call_pre_add&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 96, in wrapped_method&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1941, in pre_add&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 2463, in set_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 197, in __getattr__&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'PropObject' object has no attribute 'update_component_commodity_flags'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>f6de20f3814d30c75cbd76f1</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-04-22 05:28:45</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.51.77.1020-1.200.000.389.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:197</categoryid><desyncid>f6de20f3814d30c75cbd76f1</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'PropObject' object has no attribute 'update_component_commodity_flags')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 612, in do_begin&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 988, in request&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 530, in _pre_request&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 396, in _get_prop&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 280, in create_prop&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 183, in create_object&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 152, in add&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 268, in call_pre_add&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 96, in wrapped_method&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1941, in pre_add&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 2463, in set_state&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 197, in __getattr__&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'PropObject' object has no attribute 'update_component_commodity_flags'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 15 (2,215 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sim cant read excerpt from book

★★★ Novice

I had this problem too. First I thought it was an outdated mod. I removed all of them, repaired the game and started with a completely new Sims 4 folder. Even then the error occured. All other interactions with the microphone are working as they should. I remember it working a few month ago, so I don't exactly know when the error began. I hope this can be fixed.

Message 5 of 15 (2,190 Views)

★ Apprentice

thats the same LE log i had too

Message 6 of 15 (2,180 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (2,118 Views)

Sims open mic night causes LE's

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have every exspansion every stuff pack and every game pack except for jungle eventures
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to open mic night- click on bar - click on participate/sign up- go to mic- sing a song or perform something-
What happens when the bug occurs? i get a LE and the game freezes for a few seccond. and everytime no matter how many times i perform the game thinks i didnt paricipate
What do you expect to see? me being able to participate in the open mic/win- no more LE"S
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

everytime i go to do a open mic i get a LAST EXCEPTION file and the game freezes and doesnt register as me participating. this has been on going. and i just cant use the feature. it is worse if there is an open mic night durring a charity event. the game will freeze and be unplayable

Message 8 of 15 (2,049 Views)

Re: Sims open mic night causes LE's

Hero

HI @dalmansrule 

could be the same issue as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-cant-read-excerpt-from-book/m-p/7814462#M88692

To be sure, I would need to compare LE's

Could you please post yours ? You need to either c/p it to your post or create a .rar file and attach that to your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (2,028 Views)

Re: Sims open mic night causes LE's

Hero

Merged threads as I believe it's the same.

Can't be sure until I get the LE though.

Tagging @dalmansrule  again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (1,980 Views)