Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim Unable to (Finish) Writing Book

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim to start writing a book
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to make my sim continue writing her book and she’ll do it for a good 3-5 seconds and stop. Additionally, she’s in the freelancer career and it also happens there. I have already tried purchasing a new computer for the household but the problem still persists
What do you expect to see? I expect to see her finish her book and not cancel randomly or without any reason; ex: low needs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to make my other sim practice writing and he didn’t cancel out the action as quickly it seems. I’m not sure if it’s something particularly wrong with that one female sim or what :/

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 93 (14,653 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim will not continue to write/write any books.

Community Manager
Hey all,

At this time we believe this issue is resolved. If you're still seeing this issue on an unmodded game please create a new thread here so we can take a look.

Thanks!
EACade

View in thread

Message 93 of 93 (8,108 Views)

All Replies

[NEEDS INPUT] Sim Can't Finish Mood Books

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work and the free Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim start a Sad book or a Romantic book when in a sad/flirty mood, but "finish" (i.e. fill the wheel) when they are no longer in that mood. Try to go back and Resume writing it. I have had this happen with books that aren't particular to a mood (definitely a biography), but it happens most consistently with mood books.
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress wheel will fill, but the book won't be completed. There will be no notification of completion, the book will not appear in the Sim's inventory, and it will still be an option to Resume. When I try to Resume the book that should be completed, the action will appear and then immediately disappear from the queue. I'm not 100% sure it always happens when it's supposed to have finished because I'm not always paying attention, but there have been times when I did feel like it shouldn't have been finished.
What do you expect to see? Either for the Sim to finish the book and be able to publish it, or to be able to resume writing the book until it can be published.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I experienced this problem before I installed any mods. Now I have MC Command Center (with occult and cheats).

It happened right before this save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=100-C2N0XeFprADS9onRnRjf6JAu1naTC

Message 1 of 93 (14,307 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim Can't Finish Mood Books

★★★★★ Newbie

Try finishing the books while in the same mood, check if that still hapens, if not perfect, if it still occurs try resting your game and restarting your PC. If that still doesn't work I am soory, but I have no idea.

Message 2 of 93 (14,212 Views)

Re: Sim Unable to Finish Writing Book

Hero
@timtammmtum Did you test this without mods installed ?

This bug is supposed to be fixed so make sure that your mods are updated and not the reason for still happening in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 93 (14,511 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sim Unable to Finish Writing Book

Hero
@timtammmtum Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 93 (14,456 Views)

Sim not completing writing a book

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover Uni, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa day, Outdoor treat, Tiny Living, Moschino, My first pet, Laundry, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids, Romantic Garden, Movie night, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grims Goulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write a book, and then have a dim resume writing the book. Might help if its an emotional book. Or if you exit game before they finish writing and resume writing when you load up sims again.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims wont resume the book she started earlier. She goes to the laptop and the action disappears.
What do you expect to see? I had my sims write an emotional book. Must've save & quit, when I came back I had her resume writing and the action disappears when she sits at the desk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch update released by the sims

Everything I stated above^

Message 6 of 93 (14,489 Views)

Re: Sim not completing writing a book

Hero

@SimizenJ 

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 93 (14,437 Views)

Re: Sim not completing writing a book

Hero
@SimizenJ @timtammmtum

Would either of you mind sending me your saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 93 (14,389 Views)

My Sim refuses fo finish writing their book.

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.30
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University; Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure; Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Fitnezs Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim start writing a book. Once you've gotten them a little ways, have them stop, and try to resume.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim stays in the same spot they were in, as if I didn't tell them to do anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Sim go to their desk, sit down, and finish writing the book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

A USB drive action image will show up, but just fade/cancel out. My Sim still uses their desk and computer, but finishing a book just doesn't work.

Message 9 of 93 (14,407 Views)

Re: My Sim refuses fo finish writing their book.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: Start Writing a book, the sim has to leave to go to work (Detective Job, and I chose to go with)
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to continue writing, computer sound comes up, and then dies, Sim gets 2 N.A.P. points because of supporting the arts, and nothing 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Only a couple scripted Cheat/Debugging mods for when weird stuff happens, and a whole bunch of CC CAS stuff (Maxismatch)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unless the latest Patch counts, no.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch update released by the sims
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-aug-18-2020

Message 10 of 93 (14,327 Views)