Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Shower and Tub being almost all uncomfortable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only free content: Christmas stuff and the guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in the menu with tubs and showers. Look at the aspects of a shower or tub. Most show uncomfortable even when they are stress free ones. It is very odd.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most tubs and showers show uncomfortable even when they are stress free ones. It is very odd. All other things look pretty normal but those are not.
What do you expect to see? Not uncomfortable in all shower+tub units. Not uncomfortable in all but one shower unit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch as of today (June 3). It added many aspects to different items and that may have caused an over site or glitch in certain items attributes.

The showers and tubs having weird descriptions. All showers but one showing they are uncomfortable.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (8,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Shower and Tub being almost all uncomfortable

[ Edited ]
Hero

Shower descriptions in the catalog said they were “Uncomfortable.” Showers are meant to relax and be a place of meditation, so the catalog now says they provide “Discomfort Relief” unless the specific shower really is uncomfortable.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

There was also a similar issue with certain toilets, that is still open. Thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Ratings-for-some-Plumbing-objects-are-wrong-missin...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (2,123 Views)

All Replies

Re: [UNSURE] Shower and Tub being almost all uncomfortable

Hero
@WildSim7 I think that's just an uncomfortable level. The higher the level behind it, the more comfortable they are.

Do all of them give you a bad moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (7,950 Views)

★ Apprentice

Noticing the same. No uncomfortable moodlets/buffs, but all showers and tub/shower combos mention "Uncomfortable" in it. Must be a mistake/typo that got added to all. 

Message 3 of 14 (7,888 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Instead of the objects showing as comfort rating it is all in uncomfortable. The best shower has a "Uncomfortable 4" which makes no sense...

Message 4 of 14 (7,887 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed the same in my Buy Mode. Almost all showers have an "Uncomfortable" rating that, strangely enough, always seems to match their "Stress relief" rating (e.g. a shower with Stress relief: 5 will also be marked as Uncomfortable: 5). I can't tell for sure if it's only a display bug or if it impacts gameplay. As far as my testing went, they never got the Uncomfortable moodlet from the affected showers.

(No CC, version 1.63.133, fresh save game)

Message 5 of 14 (7,884 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just went through all the showers in gameplay and noticed no moodlet from any of them. I will go through a few more times each but I'm thinking its just weird wording.

Message 6 of 14 (7,881 Views)

Hero
@WildSim7 Yeah, I'm thinking it's just wrongly worded. Especially since higher value are probably less uncomfortable then lower ones but uncomfortable 5 suggests it's more uncomfortable than 1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (7,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The most interesting one is this camping one I attached in a screenshot. It has both "Uncomfortable" and "Uncomfortable 3".

/as for details and apart from the naming; the lack of colon in it suggests also that something went wrong somewhere

Message 8 of 14 (7,421 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Shower and Tub being almost all uncomfortable

★★ Novice

I don't know how old this post is, but I think I found the reason behind it.

The more expensive and nicer showers have a higher rating because they relieve uncomfortable moodlets that much faster. Ucomfortable means it is exactly that, uncomfortable. But the ones with a number beside it mean that they reduce the uncomfortable moodlets that much.

Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 14 (5,757 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Shower and Tub being almost all uncomfortable

★ Novice

I think "Discomfort Relief" was changed to Uncomfortable for some reason, probably a mistake. Also affects the "Sweet Escapes Country Toilet" where "Unbreakable" was changed to Uncomfortable. Also the toilet from Tiny living is missing the number after "Comfort:"

Message 10 of 14 (5,547 Views)