Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Shower/Tub Combos can't be properly cleaned

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dirty shower/tub combo and attempt to clean it.
What happens when the bug occurs? If autonomously: Sim doesn't finish cleaning If manually: Object is cleaned, but object model does not update.
What do you expect to see? To be cleaned and display as such.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After game patch 1.62

When testing the update for the shower/tub combo, it was discovered that sims have difficulty cleaning them. When they attempt to do it autonomously, the sim will stop cleaning, then go into a loop and try to clean it again and stop. If you attempt to have a sim manually clean it, they'll complete the task, but the object model doesn't update to reflect that it's been cleaned. Also noticed when testing on a new combo unit that even though it displays as clean, if you were to cheat it to be dirty, the object model will still show as clean even though the game see's it as dirty (allowing you to clean it even though it looks clean).

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (7,102 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Shower/Tub Combos can't be properly cleaned

Hero

Shower Tubs now can be cleaned enough to be visibly squeaky-clean.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (3,247 Views)

All Replies

Re: Shower/Tub Combos can't be properly cleaned

★ Guide

Looks like they messed up the Clean/Dirty States. I had to fix that in my Personal Objects Mod but i added it in my Random Bug Fixes as well for those who don't use the Personal Objects Mod. This fix fixes the Clean/Dirty State and should hopefully also stop them from cleaning in a loop.

Message 2 of 13 (6,947 Views)

Sims flat-out refuse to clean the bathtub

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim use the bathtub until it gets real dirty; taking a mud bath works. Then have them clean up afterward.
What happens when the bug occurs? Especially with the shower-tub combos, they will start to clean the tub, but then a little part of the door clips into the sim and they stop doing whatever task they were doing.
What do you expect to see? I expect the shower-tub to behave like a normal plumbing object, just so that it can be cleaned up like one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Several more expansions, game, and stuff packs were added to the game since I last reported a bug.

Well, this is a new one! Normally, there was a related bug about not being able to clean plumbing objects while off the grid, but now this!  My maid was trying to clean this shower-tub, only to have the door clip into him and he was like, BRUH, and he stopped what he was doing, only to repeat the cycle several times until he just gave up.

Message 3 of 13 (5,415 Views)

Re: Sims flat-out refuse to clean the bathtub

Hero
@SmoggyLambGG Merged your post with existing bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (5,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

same issue with no mods.  if you ask the sim to clean the shower/tub combo they start and glitch out within a second to stop cleaning.  Also maids are unable to clean it.  I had my sim install the self-cleaning upgrade and that does not clean it either.  had to resort to shower only/bath only combo. 

Message 5 of 13 (5,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this bug after my Sim arrived back from University. I bought the Under the Sea Claw Foot Tub with Shower. when it got dirty my Sim wouldn't clean it, stopped after about a couple of seconds. I exchanged it for the Double Delight Tub/Shower it happened again. My Sim when getting the tense moodlet after work wants to take Mud Baths so bath gets dirty quickly. My Sim doesn't have lots of money to keep exchanging items all the time. I am playing with version 1.62.67.1020 and with all packs except the last 2 stuff packs. I don't play with any mods just as the game comes. 

Message 6 of 13 (5,065 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same bug after my sim took a mud bath.  I assumed it's because he's too uncomfortable to clean it. It must be the dirtiest tub ever. Before the mud bath occurred, cleaning happened normally. After the mud bath, I can direct my sims to clean it and they start to do it, but then they stop and it never gets cleaned.  They're not stuck in a loop though, they stop when they stop. I have to tell them to do it again and they groan and start, and then quit again.

Message 7 of 13 (4,921 Views)

★★ Novice
@Malornus I had this same issue. I used a magic sim to cast the cleaning spell. This was the only thing that seemed to work. No more dirty tub for now.
Message 8 of 13 (4,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is still happening. I only use very few mods. I would love a fix for this if anyone has one!

This happened to me too! I had my sim take a mud bath and that's when the issue occurred for me!

[CM Edit - Merged back to back posts together. Please refrain from multiple posts in a row. Don't forget you can always add more to your previous post by selecting Edit from the right-side menu on the post. Thanks!]

Message 9 of 13 (3,874 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've noticed it in the past 4 weeks. I also see that others had this same issue and no fix yet. 

Message 10 of 13 (3,552 Views)