Re: [OPEN] Sheltered plants refuse to grow/ revert to pile of dirt

by smirkyrabbit78

Original Post

protected/covered plants still reset to ungrown stage at begin of their season

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? protected/covered plants still reset to ungrown stage at begin of their season
What do you expect to see? protected/covered plants don't reset to ungrown stage at begin of their season
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i forgot since when this happened, since eco livestyle?

protected/covered plants still reset to ungrown stage at begin of their season, then they don't grow at all.

the cowplant also resets.

i have not seen that uncovered trees reset like they did before, so this seems to be fixed (so far) but covered plants are still reseting in begin of their season
...and then they don't grow at all.

Message 11 of 34 (2,398 Views)

Me too. Sheltered plants revert to pile of dirt. Mostly. The daisy bushes (the brown ones in this picture) still grow. They are Spring plants and it is currently Winter. All plants in greenhouse read "Sheltered".

01-08-21_1_03_35 PM.png

Message 12 of 34 (2,337 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My dragon fruit plants in a 4- planter all became lumps of dirt ( 3  planter boxes of them ).  None of my other plants or tree’s did.    I have all packs installed, No CC and No Mods.

Message 13 of 34 (2,307 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My dragon fruit plants in a 4- planter all became lumps of dirt ( 3  planter boxes of them ).  I have a lot of plants, they are all in a green house. All of my other plants and tree’s look normal.   I have all of the stuff packs, game packs, and Expansion packs installed. The last 2 packs I installed were JTB and Snowy escape  No CC and No Mods, I play a vanilla game.

Message 14 of 34 (2,307 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with my plants. I have it in different saved games and it includes different kinds of plants. They are sheltered and well cared for.

The plants grow to maturity and suddenly revert back to dirt. I have noticed it happened sometimes when building was done in the lot. The building was not done on the greenhouse, though.

The plants grew out to maturity again after a long time, BUT it went back to dirt piles after I traveled from the lot. My Sims was reliant on the farming, but had to find another form of income. Even my hard earned money tree means NOTHING.

Message 15 of 34 (2,222 Views)

★★ Novice

Having similar problems.

Also since I added Seasons very recently and put my plants into glass houses, the yields of those plants have been far inferior to before I installed Seasons.

Is that normal? 

I'm seriously regretting purchasing Seasons. I use the gardens for income a LOT. 

Message 16 of 34 (2,143 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@queenlypeanuts

With Seasons, indoor plants yield smaller harvests than outdoor plants. (most of the time)

You will get larger harvests on most plants outdoors, but then you have to deal with plants not growing in certain seasons.

This is why I made my Gardening for All Seasons mod. You can plant outdoors on any season and get full yields.

If you don't want to use mods, you'll just have to choose. Smaller yields all-year-round? or larger yields only part of the year?
Message 17 of 34 (2,137 Views)

★★ Novice

Not a big fan of mods, but willing to use it in this case. 

I'll go and look for it. Standard smile 

Message 18 of 34 (2,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This happens randomly to me every time I switch households (I play rotationally).  I usually sigh, right-click, and set gardening stage to blossoming for all my plants.

(That only works if you have testing cheats on.)

Message 19 of 34 (2,087 Views)

★★ Guide

This is still an issue. Any intention to fix this and all the other gardening bugs before releasing a farming-based expansion pack? 

Message 20 of 34 (1,976 Views)