by JaffaYogini

Original Post

[OPEN] Sexual Orientation doesn't effect Wants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack. Except Journey To Batuu and any of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set your sim's Romantic Attraction and wait to receive the Want to 'Ask to be boy/girlfriend'.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sim might want to ask out someone who doesn't meet their Romantic Attraction. Also they might want to ask someone out who is not even romanticaly interested in your sim.
What do you expect to see? I want to see Sexual Orientation actually effect Wants. For example if my sim is gay I want to see him receiving Wants about having a boyfriend and NOT a girlfriend.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi!

I noticed that when my sim got new friends, he received a Want about asking one of he's friends to be his girlfriend. Which is strange because my sim is gay. After a while he forgot about her but then he constantly wanted to ask one of he's friends to be his boyfriend, even after he found out that he is not romanticaly interested in my sim.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

EDIT Merged another thread with 7 me toos

Message 1 of 19 (5,085 Views)

Wants/Fears: Wants do not reflect/respect sexuality settings

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for HS, all game packs but DHD and MWS, all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create an aro/ace sim using the sexuality system (not romantically interested in men or women, not interested in woohoo with men or women, not open to exploring). Give them the noncommittal trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The noncommittal trait generates a want to form a new relationship, even though as an aro/ace the sim is not interested in relationships and does not have access to romantic socials.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to not get wants that a.) they don't want, and b.) they aren't capable of fulfilling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.90.358.1030

It seems like the wants system doesn't do any checks against the sexuality system or the family tree to see if the wants are actually reasonable/capable of being fulfilled. In addition to aro/aces getting wants to form relationships, I've seen people report that: their sims are getting wants to date family members, lesbian and gay sims are getting wants to date members of the opposite gender, straight sims getting wants to date the same sex, etc.

Also, are the wants supposed to do checks against sim age groups? I'm concerned that my teen sims, once aging up, are going to start getting wants to date their caregivers and/or the old family friends that have helped raise them.

Message 2 of 19 (4,809 Views)

Re: Sexual Orientation doesn't effect Wants

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also seeing this. I have a mermaid with preferences set for romantic interest and woohoo interest in males and not exploring and she has 0 romance bar with any other sim but she wants to ask out Nalani who is her best friend. 

Message 3 of 19 (4,939 Views)

Sims wants/fears system ignoring sexual orientations

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have been playing with the new sexual orientations update and have made some gay and lesbian sims as well as aromantic-asexual sims. The new wants/fears system does not factor in their sexual orientations at all. For example, an aro-ace sim wants to ask people on dates, and a lesbian sim wants to ask her male friend on a date. I don't understand the point of the sexual orientations update if the game just ignores their sexualities anyway 😐

have taken out mods/cc and tested without them, the problem persists.

Message 4 of 19 (4,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.61.36.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, High school years, kids room stuff, seasons, Spa day, spooky stuff, toddler stuff, vibing streamer gear digital content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a teen with a certain sexual orientation...
What happens when the bug occurs? I am playing a straight cis female teen, using the new customisable menus in create a sim for pronouns and sexual orientation...I made sure I had ticked the correct boxes...she has had 3 crushes so far which are all female and keeps getting wants to ask them out...
What do you expect to see? her to crush on male Sims or want to ask out male Sims...(for the sexual orientation to effect game play correctly)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated with latest patch and downloaded High school years

I am playing a straight female and used the new sexual orientation settings when creating her...she's had 3 crushes so far and they are all her female friends!!! One of her wants is to ask her female friend out...

Message 5 of 19 (4,801 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not only does it not affect wants (I too also get wants that do not affect my Sims wants to ask out people of genders they are not attracted to), but sexual orientation also seems to not affect the new "Sims will ask you out" feature either, because my female Sim asked another female Sim her sexual orientation. She said she is only into dudes. A few minutes later, the Straight Sim asks out my female Sim to be her girlfriend randomly, yet she will not accept any flirt interactions from female Sims. When my Sim said no to being her girlfriend, she got a negative sentiment and also got one when she did not ask her to prom.

Message 6 of 19 (4,728 Views)

Hero
@simshane1234 That sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-NPC-Teen-asked-Adult-to-be-their-Boyfriend-Girlfriend/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (4,723 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@simshane1234 oh yeah, that's why I don't want to buy the new pack yet (even If I want to I can't because something is wrong and I can't buy it)
Message 8 of 19 (4,708 Views)

★ Guide
@Csabuszkah its not the pack, its the update.
Message 9 of 19 (4,415 Views)

Wants/Fears Some Traits Override Selected Sexuality

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every Time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Journey to Batuu/Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a sim who is Family Oriented and Single, one want will appear to find a significant other. Even if the sim is set to be both aromantic and asexual.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sim gets a want that they should not have.
What do you expect to see? Sexuality not being overridden by traits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Since Wants/Fears were added to the game.

Message 10 of 19 (4,296 Views)