Re: Openings above the windows

by peacemaker_ic

Original Post

Openings above the windows

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020(64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go on viewing level of the sim in play mode, an opening appears above all windows. The opening is as wide as the window itself. You can look right through it from the inside out and see the trees outside for example.
What happens when the bug occurs? An opening appears above all windows. The opening is as wide as the window itself. You can look right through it from the inside out and see the trees outside for example.
What do you expect to see? A solid wall and the window frame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When you go on viewing level of the sim in play mode, an opening appears above all windows. The opening is as wide as the window itself. You can look right through it from the inside out and see the trees outside for example.

Message 11 of 29 (1,560 Views)

★★★ Guide

The windows and doors from Get together, Realm of Magic and Vampires, are extremely broken. Above all, it concerns the small windows that get a crack when placed, so strong that you can see through.

15.10.20_21-30-02.png

15.10.20_21-31-15.png

15.10.20_21-42-00.png

Message 12 of 29 (1,513 Views)

★ Expert
@Hoppel785 great catch! There were posts saying that only some windows (non-cc) from the GT pack were broken, but you have found more. Thanks for posting this.
Message 13 of 29 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you for your answer @InfiniteVerve. I'm slowly despairing, the construction mode has become a disaster. I have a booth by doing all my houses are placed, half of the houses have become unusable due to the broken windows. 

Message 14 of 29 (1,446 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The Greatest Craftsman (Rounded) from Seasons EP also has a cutout issue, seen when walking through the door. The curved part of the frame is not cut around. 

Message 15 of 29 (1,349 Views)

Hero
Could anyone check the windows to see if anything was done about them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 29 (1,283 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The door and window from the Get Together expansion pack are working again in my game. Several of the base game windows have gaps above them. The gap is only visible from the inside. The window in the picture is the "Almost Secure Safety window" but it also happens with the Octopane and Kitty Corner Casement.

Message 17 of 29 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Today is december 8 and im having the same issue with my windows. A gap appears above it as if the window were shorter than the hole. Brought the game last week, already dissapointed by seeing that this is real since September... Unfortunately ive already played more than 2 hours and may not refund it. 

Message 18 of 29 (1,214 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Several Windows with Cut-Out Issues

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this window has always been like this, but one of my windows has this issue. It's called the "Porthole Peeper", and it's from base game. There are white edges along the side of the window and it looks awful. I moved around the window, and it still looks like this.

I have no CC, but do use mods.

I attached a picture of what it looks like.

Message 19 of 29 (1,147 Views)

Base game windows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the top of most base game windows. There is a large gap. Especially on the Octopane and classic casement windows.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can see the outside through the gap at the top of the windows, the windows sometimes glitch out and disappear completely.
What do you expect to see? Windows with no gaps at the top and that don't glitch out and disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 20 of 29 (1,107 Views)