by Ethyrdude

Original Post

[OPEN] Several Windows with Cut-Out Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down "Almost Secure Safety Window"
What happens when the bug occurs? The window cutout extends past the window frame leaving a hole above the window.
What do you expect to see? The window cutout to be flush with the window frame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Discovered this problem when building. It looks like the cutout for the window is misaligned to the window frame. Have the latest patch, and no custom content. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 29 (4,029 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 'Almost secure safety window' cutout gap

★★ Novice

I have this issue too with base game windows that have shutters mostly. I don't have CC and my game has latest patch.

Message 2 of 29 (3,926 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] King of Diamonds Door/ Stone Frame/ Holey Geometry glitching

★★ Guide

While not the exact same problem, it might be related as the "Almost Secure" Window cutout sticks up above the window on the interior wall. I'm mentioning this here instead of making a new post as it might be prudent for the EA team to check ALL the windows and doors for graphic weirdness. Yeah, a big job but as these problems didn't exist before, then someone should take a look at all these glitches without waiting for modders, whom EA doesn't want to support, to fix the issue.

Message 3 of 29 (3,909 Views)

Hero
@Ethyrdude Moved that to the thread on that issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (3,906 Views)

Sims 4 Octopane Window glitching

★★ Guide

Found another window that has a glitch. Seems like it's getting more difficult to find older windows that actually still look good. The Octopane window glitches on placing on an angle, here are some images:

Also, this window shows a gap on top, mostly on the interior, regardless of being on a straight wall or an angle wall.

Message 5 of 29 (3,879 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Octopane Window glitching

★★ Guide

Actually, going through the selection of windows, there are a lot that are showing this glitch. This is really making building in the game a bit disheartening.

Message 6 of 29 (3,875 Views)

★★ Novice

That problem been there for years EA team has not fix it and will not. There is a mod fix for that but been years since play the sims 4.

Message 7 of 29 (3,865 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The Basegame Light Box Window also has a cutout issue. 

Message 8 of 29 (3,835 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Octopane Window glitching

Hero
@Ethyrdude I merged your thread about the Octapane windows cut to make this a collection thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 29 (3,831 Views)

★★ Pro
@Ethyrdude Also happens with the Porthole Peeper in my game. Oddly, doesn't bug me as much as the mirror glitch, but suspect they might be connected.
Message 10 of 29 (3,784 Views)