[FIXED] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★ Guide

Yes, did some testing. The bug effect on every toilet only appears when Eco Lifestyle is not installed, so this is a bug.

Message 51 of 117 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Pro

My toilet isn't even upgraded and I don't have eco living.

Message 52 of 117 (1,446 Views)

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★ Novice
@InfiniteVerve Mine happened on female sim. Also happened when no one was at the toilet.
Message 53 of 117 (1,415 Views)

★ Expert
@Rebecca_mince yes, I mentioned that I have seen it on a female sim as well (after my first notice). I haven't seen it happen without a sim being present.
Message 54 of 117 (1,396 Views)

★★ Novice
@zahiya123456 Yeah same with me, noticed fire when one of my sims was cooking and got really worried, then realised the bathroom was right above the stove!
Message 55 of 117 (1,357 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this happen randomly with my female sim before she flushes toilet but im on console not pc 😊

Message 56 of 117 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Guide

Can confirm, I do not have eco-living and my toilets light on fire when my sims pee/use them.

If this was meant to be an "It burns when I pee" joke.. they missed April fools Frown Either way, my poor sims have an interesting experience when they go to the bathroom.

Message 57 of 117 (1,322 Views)

★★ Guide

Figured out the root cause of it. The way EA set up the composting container upgrade and the associated vfx is a bit odd. Basically, they gave all toilets a 50% chance of showing the fire vfx, but then check to see if you have the composting container upgrade. If not, the chance is set to 0. However since that upgrade comes with the pack the test will simply fail because the fallback behavior is `always_fail`. This means instead of only toilets with the upgrade seeing the vfx, all toilets will.

Message 58 of 117 (1,304 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Bra1nBlast3d Wow, that’s completely backwards. 😂
Message 59 of 117 (1,277 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s happening in my game too.  I didn’t notice it until tonight and because I haven’t really played since patch. That explanation is honestly very confusing to me.  If it’s not meant to happen in some cases I hope it gets fixed.

Message 60 of 117 (1,261 Views)