[FIXED] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★ Guide

@Bra1nBlast3d wrote:

A question for all - do you have the Composting Container upgrade applied to the toilet or have you used instant upgrade to apply all upgrades? According the the description, Composting Container may cause toilets to combust and start fires if compost is unused. I believe this visual effect may be by design since the composter deals with flammable materials.

This started happening immediately after I installed the composting toilet upgrade. If this is working as intended, it sure would be nice if “Unused” was defined better. It’s not even clear what you use compost for. 

Message 91 of 117 (2,558 Views)

★★ Pro

@PansekshuElle  Apparently the compost is to feed to your bugs in your insect farm, but yes it would be nice for some form explanation in the tool tip.

Message 92 of 117 (2,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So I completely uninstalled everything relating to my game, set up a new administrator account and downloaded a fresh version of the game, MINUS Eco Lifestyle. All my sims were either obsessed with their clay, future cubes, baking cakes, doing push ups, making health potions on the grill and other things that I can't even recall at the moment.  I was DONE with that nonsense. When they decide the deal with these problems, I will reinstall it.

So after doing this, I went in and modified their homes and clothing to replace the Eco stuff with other stuff.  Shortly after I went in to play a sim, he went to the bathroom, and, guess what, there was fire in the toilet when he went to pee!!!!  

I don't have any mods or cc in this new install. I even disabled them in game settings. I can't even imagine what is causing this but rest assured it is NOT the composting toilet. 

Message 93 of 117 (2,420 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi,

Have seen this for the first time on my Oasis Fitness Community Lot.

Kind regards James.

Message 94 of 117 (2,364 Views)

★★ Novice

I had upgraded my toilet to be Eco friendly and when my Sim went to use it, she caught on fire!  Fortunately the family acted quickly and ran in to put both her and the toilet out.  If the toilet isn't upgraded then there's no fire, but it's kind of annoying since I want everything upgraded.  And when I upgraded I DIDN'T use the compost option, but toilet still caught on fire.

Message 95 of 117 (2,309 Views)

Pissing fire pissing me off

★★ Novice

since the last patch I'm really sick of my sim and the toilet catching fire from peeing. Please fix ASAP

Message 96 of 117 (2,326 Views)

Re: Pissing fire pissing me off

@ishish  I merged your post with the master bug thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and you can keep an eye on the thread for updates.

Also, nice subject line.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 97 of 117 (2,280 Views)

Re: Pissing fire pissing me off

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict TY. Will do
Message 98 of 117 (2,266 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep, seen this too. Just didn't bother reporting until I saw it on here already. Male and female. Can't now see if still the case because 134 error 

Message 99 of 117 (2,229 Views)

★ Guide

This happens with all my sims on all lots, and I don't even have the eco expansion, so that can't be cause. Loving how utterly broken this game is!

Message 100 of 117 (2,166 Views)