Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

by DaughterofEvil32

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I'm having this problem as well on PS4 (and Laundry Day is the only content pack I own currently), though the toilet bowl catches on fire right before my Sims use it. While it's hilarious, I worry my luck'll run out and my Sims will go up in flames (literally) because of this.

Message 81 of 117 (1,018 Views)

★ Guide
@DaughterofEvil32 if it happens, it can be devastating. after i installed ecoliving, i tested it and when everything seemed fine, i began playing my main sim.
i built my main, named Red Wine, in 2014 and have played multiple challenges with her. i am very devoted and attached to her.
she burst into flames. at first, i thought it was funny. i paused the game, took screenshots and she immediately died as soon as i turned gameplay back on.
there was no option to extinguish flames, no option to extinguish self, she didn't even stand up. she was still sitting on th etoilet and the pop up came that said "red wine discovered the fire" and immediately after that "screenshot saved" and then immediately after that "red wine died in the fire".
there is a solution to reset your sim, though:
exit without saving.
she reset to several real time hours (and several game time days) earlier.

but the bugs started snowballing form there until my game was unplayable.
today, weeks after the ecoliving issues began, i have finally been able to successfully log into my game again. now i am slowly readding the CC from my mods folder. there are over 4,800 CC which i used and had removed from the game. i only have installed about 100 of them so far. i install them in batches of 50 and then test the game then close it and install more rinse and repeat.

i am extremely disappointed that ea didn't properly test their expansion before releasing it for sale. i am extremely unhappy with their response. the only response i received after they closed multiple tickets as "resolved" without contacting me, was a private conversation with an ea rep on twitter. his uninterested reply was to wait for more updates to "fix" it. no apology, nothing even remotely approaching actual customer service. you can't even call their customer service line anymore.

ea games has confused rewarding select players with early access with giving players beta test options. no one tests their games. their customer service is bored and unwilling to listen to customer complaints or to resolve serious defects in their programming.

i am so angry with ea. they used to care about their customers but now they are sarcastic and inconsiderate oafs.
Message 82 of 117 (979 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MapleSimmer I’ve just see this, Mad a female sim use the upstairs toilet and noticed flames. I thought there was a fire. I find it rather amusing, though less so if it actually causes a fire.
Message 83 of 117 (948 Views)

★ Guide

Everytime I use the toilet, a fire starts. A sim using it has no way to avoid death. Really?

Message 84 of 117 (916 Views)

★★★ Pro

Good solution but not everyone is on pc console users can't use mods so it's useless for them.

Message 85 of 117 (900 Views)

★★★ Pro

For those that play on console I would suggest completing the freelance botanist aspiration it makes your sim immune to fire just in case.

Message 86 of 117 (891 Views)

★★ Pro

@lostinmalloc  Well, I imagine death flowers would work...but you only get one per day from each plant you harvest from and they are a winter only flower. So you'd need a grove of them just to handle the constant deaths, the bigger the family the more death flowers. Keeping them sheltered indoor will allow you to grow them year round and could buy time for you to get that gardening aspiration done to make you fire proof. I'm not sure if you get access to the gallery on console, but if you do I have both normal death flower plants and perfect death flower plants up. I'm sure others have them up too. If it's winter for you mine will even be ready for harvest. They take a while to grow up otherwise, but it'd be faster than splicing for them either way. In the meantime, if you really are in danger of dying, better to pee yourself and be embarrassed, clean up, and take a shower than outright die!

There is also buying them from build/buy mode, but I think you have to cheat using debug on for that and I'm not sure if consoles can use cheats or not. So I'd go with plan embarrass yourself and peeing on the floor over dying until you can get the fireproof trait from the gardening aspiration if yours is one of the toilets that explodes into flames upon use. Really that bug terrifies me if it can actually kill you. I thought it was just a visual bug. I hope you are okay. Frown

Message 87 of 117 (874 Views)

★ Guide
@PriestessAvenara I already have plenty of flowers with each Sim, you know, just in case. And honestly I do not mind death, as long as that is fair.
Message 88 of 117 (810 Views)

Old time Antique toilet has FLAMES when sims use it

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? university (but the i just added it and the glitch was happening before), island adventures, apartments, pets seasons, get together, get to work; outdoor retreat, parenthood, jungle adventure, dine kitchen stuff, movie hangout, my first pet, laundry day, kid room stuff, fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? install the Antique toilet, and have a sim use it.
What happens when the bug occurs? a flame appears beneath the toilet bowl, behind the sims legs
What do you expect to see? Toilets should not spontaneously combust when you use them. That's just wrong.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my sim uses the Old Time Antique Toilet, flames appear under the toilet bowl. How would a rouge spawner even show up there?

Message 89 of 117 (812 Views)

Re: Old time Antique toilet has FLAMES when sims use it

★★★ Guide

It is a known and very funny issue. It happens with all toilets and Lots.. LOL trust me I know! LOL But no need to fear your sims should not be harmed by this. Just consider it a sewer leak. LOL I believe they are working on it. Large smile

Message 90 of 117 (805 Views)