Re: Several bugs after june 2020 patch update

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★★★ Novice

With my female sim, I haven’t yet seen the fire before she sits down on the toilet because I keen forgetting to watch, but once she is seated black smoke can be seen seeping out around her from inside the toilet bowl. It disappears once she stands up. I’m playing on Mac OS and have no mods or Cc installed.

Message 21 of 117 (2,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did any one manage to fix the bug with the toilet and flames showing when it is used? I find it is random and does not happen on every use but it is still regular, it does not seem to happen with any other objects for me that I have noticed. It however, is very annoying and I would like to fix it. 

Message 22 of 117 (2,584 Views)

Hero
@Hartyboy87 Moved your post over to the bug report on that. Make sure to hit me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 117 (2,562 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I hadn’t seen this bug at all in my game until now. Playing on PS4, so no mods. Both children (one male, one female) got up for school, took showers, and then had flames greeting them in their toilets. Poor kids

When I noticed it I paused the game and was reading here, sure enough I could see the flame in the basement level ceiling. Different toilets: RAW toilet & Sweet escapes country toilet.

i know that PS4 had a patch today, but I see that people had this issue prior, though I hadn’t noticed it happening until after today’s patch. 

Message 24 of 117 (2,498 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MR_TURBODRIVER What does the insect farm have to do with compost toilets? I really don’t get what the insect farms are doing in that piece of code.
Message 25 of 117 (2,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SqueamishNerdDon't you question the Maxis gods, boy.

I don't think that's important to the bug, but they probably eat away some of the evilness that causes the fires.

Message 26 of 117 (2,450 Views)

★ Guide
@MapleSimmer I haven't had that issue (all my grown Sims have Steel Bladder) but that's the funniest thing I've seen all day! XD
Message 27 of 117 (2,430 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MR_TURBODRIVER Maxis Gods, or rather Gurus, shall nowise to be quaestioned forsooth.

You sure about the insect farms not being a part of the bug? Do you know what that part of the code does?

(Completely off topic, but since English is not my native language I’m curious and just have to ask: Can “boy” be used in a gender-neutral way? I know that “bro” and “guy” can be, and I’ve also heard “gurl” and “hens” be used in a gender-neutral way, but never “boy”, I think.)
Message 28 of 117 (2,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just had a fiery toilet experience.

My female sim was going to use the toilet, i didn't see anything like fire as i could just see the back of it.

I moved away from her on screen and the fire notification came up so I quickly went to her and both her and the toilet were on fire.

I was very surprised!

EDIT: After going back in and playing a realized that the Eco upgrade i did on the toilet warns about flames! interesting...

Message 29 of 117 (2,395 Views)

Pee of Fire IV

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim to use the toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? Smoke comes out from the toilet, and there's fire instead of water inside of it
What do you expect to see? Toilets with water instead of lava
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.134.1020

The matter is simple, my sims usually have themselves some relief by using the toilet, then the whole thing burns!

It's easier to see if a sim can use the toilet while standing, but when they sit, you can still spot the smoke above them, like they are being cooked alive.

Message 30 of 117 (2,373 Views)