Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to and including Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go to the bathroom, especially if they do so standing up
What happens when the bug occurs? There are flames in the toilet
What do you expect to see? No flames in the toilet Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. PC: 1.63.133.1020 game update (ie June 3/2020 game update)

Here's a screenshot of this issue Standard smile

Please note I've not used any mods for months.  I also deleted my localthumbcache file and repaired my game after the update.

Best regards, 
Jennifer

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 117 (8,547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

Hero

● Has this ever happened to you? Your Sims are in the privacy of their bathroom, and suddenly there is the smell of smoke? If your Sims have experienced a… “burning sensation” while satisfying their Bladder need - no more! Thanks to F1xABuG*. F1xABuG deals with all symptoms of flammable bladder functions, patch today!

*F1xABuG will not relieve all fire related incidents while in the bathroom, Sims still will possibly experience flammable encounters if they are Angry or have had Spicy Food. Fire may also still be experienced if Simmers have installed Eco Lifestyle and choose to Compost upgraded toilets with no Insect Farm on Lot. F1xABuG is not responsible for any other side effects, such as Reticulating Splines

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

The toilet catching fire if you have the compostable update is NOT a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 117 of 117 (5,593 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

Can also confirm this bug. Showing on male sims (not happening to female sims). Attached pic to show (also, poor guy must be really uncomfortable with those flames!).

Message 2 of 117 (8,423 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@InfiniteVerve I tried to post this issue earlier using my phone but the submit button never appears for me anymore....

Anyways... I can confirm it does appear with female Sims because I was playing as a female Sim and the fire appears when the Sim is just gonna start using the toilet. Hahaha what an odd side effect of a patch lol.
Message 3 of 117 (8,427 Views)

★ Expert
@Bearpal64 I tried this with my female sim and it didn't happen. I will have to watch (before she sits down) and see if I missed it.
Message 4 of 117 (8,407 Views)

★ Expert

@Bearpal64 and I didn't notice the first few times... Poor sim. I think her having a confident buff in this scene indicates that she is confident that her toosh is going to get burnt! :S

Message 5 of 117 (8,369 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@InfiniteVerve I know right! Poor girls
Message 6 of 117 (8,357 Views)

★ Novice

I can confirm this happens as well.  Does not matter if standing or sitting either.

Message 7 of 117 (8,330 Views)

★ Guide

Can confirm. It's...weird, to say the least.

Message 8 of 117 (8,309 Views)

★ Expert
@Bearpal64 poor male sims too (when they have to sit)... Standing close to the fiery toilet is (probably) nerve wracking, but they are (somewhat safe-ish), until they sit.
Message 9 of 117 (8,272 Views)

★★ Novice

Happening here too. With my female sims the flames are only visible from the floor below (as if falling through the ceiling).

Message 10 of 117 (8,189 Views)