by RockUrSha

Original Post

[OPEN] Scorch marks in swimming pool not easily removed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a house with a swimming pool and look for lightning burns around the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lightning burns on normal flooring can be cleaned but lightning burns inside a swimming pool cannot be cleaned.
What do you expect to see? No burns inside a swimming pool or a way to be able to clean them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's Seasons EP.

Please see attached image.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (4,801 Views)

Re: Lightning burns inside swimming pool...

Hero (Retired)

@Voltron-Games Let me duplicate this in my game and see what might be done.  Have you already tried eye droppering nearby flooring and replacing the smoky flooring that way?  If so, did it prevent you from placing the flooring, or just didn't clear the smoke effect?  What if you redraw the pool completely?

Message 2 of 11 (4,715 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Voltron-Games to see answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (4,693 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Voltron-Games!  It took me a good while to duplicate this - sorry for the wait.  I could only get lightning strikes marking the pool floor when I had vents in it, like in your picture.  Without the vents, I didn't get any burn marks on the pool floor - who knows why.  Once I placed the vents and got a lightning strike in there, it did indeed discolor the floor.  Using the eyedropper to try to replace the flooring with the same style did not get rid of the burn marks, but when I chose a different style and placed it over them, that worked.  I could then eyedropper the original tile and replace it.  I'll go ahead and add this to our list.  However, the workaround is a really quick and easy one.

Message 4 of 11 (4,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Replaced the floor with different tiles. Maid still stands next to pool wanting to clean it. The burns are covered and cannot be seen. My poor maid standing in the heat. 😂

Message 5 of 11 (4,557 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Scorch marks in swimming pool not easily removed

★★★ Newbie

I had to delete the whole pool and rebuild. Could also see the burns when I tried to rotate/move it, even with new tile. I don't have vents in my pool, so I believe this is just an overall pool glitch. Was fun to watch my maid freak out over it though. 

Message 6 of 11 (4,554 Views)

★★ Novice

No vents in the pool on mine but i do have the turtle decals. Replacing the flooring with a different pattern then putting in the one I had back in cleared the strike mark.

Message 7 of 11 (4,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too, however my sims couldn't even clean the burn marks that were on the regular ground nor did the maid try to. I have since had to delete the house and move somewhere else because after this bug I my sim got 'trapped' at work and I read in another thread you had to move the sims household, which eventually worked. I hope this doesn't happen in my new house! Hope someone can come up with a solution soon Standard smile 

Message 8 of 11 (4,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Guys, Just wondering, Have you tried deleting the whole pool and re-creating the pool in build mode? The family I was playing at the time had a pool in their backyard. During a thunderstorm, several lightning strikes hit the ground and even hit the pool floor. After the storm, I did the usual and got my sims to clean up the scorch marks left but yeah couldn't get to the bottom of the pool. Changing the tiles will not work, it is the same thing for normal terrain. If there are scorch marks on the ground, changing the floor will not get rid of it. Anyway, I just deleted the whole pool and drew an new pool back in its place and its gone. Think of it like this. You have a balcony without a roof and during a thunderstorm a lighting strike hits it. Once the fire has been put out a scorch mark is left. If you were to delete the whole balcony then that entire area would be destroyed meaning the scorched flooring would be gone too. If you were to place a brand new balcony after deleting the old one completely, then you wouldn't be left with the scorch marks. However changing the flooring would have no effect. Standard smile  Hope this helps 

Message 9 of 11 (4,174 Views)

★ Guide
Just replace the tile with a different type of tile, then replace that new tile with the original type of tile. That works for me. (It works for carpet, stone, floor, roof, lawn, etc.)
Message 10 of 11 (4,057 Views)