[OPEN] Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-condition

by Anska_Stormblade

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-conditi

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and it is incredibly frustrating. It seems to be counting Engaged sims as "related" thus not letting you preset your sims as engaged in CAS. I started a couple, got them engaged, and then tried to start the scenario but it won't let me because they don't meet the "sims must not be related" condition for the scenario. I also tried starting them from scratch in CAS as a brand new start, and it wouldn't let me select the engaged option. So I went with household member, but then they start out as just acquaintances, which kind of ruins the entire point of the scenario and renders it useless.

Message 11 of 22 (1,020 Views)

Re: Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-condition

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@FloraInWonderlan That's the problem, it's not doing that. it loads them in as mere acquaintances with no friendship, no romance, and no sentiments. That's definitely broken.

Message 12 of 22 (1,020 Views)

★ Novice

You’re incorrect. You can’t leave CAS until your sims meet the scenario criteria (meaning they can’t be engaged in CAS, they have to be roommates). In your game, it may be working correctly by creating the scenario for you. However, people like myself who have the bug are unable to complete the scenario because it doesn’t make the sims engaged once you exit CAS and the scenario starts. It’s 

Message 13 of 22 (965 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-conditi

★ Novice
@Anska_Stormblade This happened to me too, ended up cheating the relationship cause it messed up my plans so much and it was a pain
Message 14 of 22 (914 Views)

★ Guide

This is still listed as an ongoing scenario and it's still broken.  Is this ever going to get fixed?

It's annoying to have to cheat the relationship and the sentiments, but we're the lucky ones to be able to use mods to get it into a condition to replicate the original state.

Message 15 of 22 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I’m also having this problem and I’ve tried different households and saves but it’s never worked for me. Kind of sad that it’s now December and it still doesn’t seem to have been resolved? Is anyone still having this problem?

Message 16 of 22 (563 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@starwarsnerd777 Still having the issue
Message 17 of 22 (518 Views)

★★ Novice

No matter the relationship status I have this issue!

Message 18 of 22 (458 Views)

★★ Novice

Anyone fixed this? So frustrating 

Message 19 of 22 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Disappointing that this bug is still active. Just started the scenario and still can't have sims as engaged in cas, they're in game with absolutely no sentiments or romantic relationship which defeats the point of the scenario. Its been over a year and this is still ongoing smh.

Message 20 of 22 (357 Views)