Re: Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-condition

by Miyakitten

Original Post

[OPEN] Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-condition

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I am missing some kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create two sims and start the scenario "Engaged in Conflict"
What happens when the bug occurs? The scenario states that the sims are engaged with high romance, low friendship and angry at each other after a fight. But they are created as normal roommates with some friendship, no sentiments and generally angry but not at each other. Also, they are not engaged.
What do you expect to see? An engaged couple with low friendship, high romance and negative sentiments towards each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried this multiple times on several lots, with the household shown in the picture as well as one without occults and the scenario was never set up correctly. I even repaired my game and tried to start the scenario both in a new save as well as with existing sims. I am not sure if this bug started with the most recent patch but I think I saw people playing it before, so I assume it started with the recent patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 22 (7,185 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@Anska_Stormblade

I also have the same problem. Created a few households in both new and old saves with no luck.
Message 2 of 22 (7,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue ; no mods nor CC, game just updated, brand new "The Sims 4" folder so new save as well

In CAS I gotta make the sims roomates, it won't validate the requirements if they are engaged

Once in live mode, no relationship nor sentiments between them, just an angry buff on both sides

Message 3 of 22 (7,005 Views)

★★ Novice
@Kimikosoma I have the same problem I unintalled the game and reinstalled it.. no mods or nothing same thing for me.

In CAS I gotta make the sims roomates, it won't validate the requirements if they are engaged
Once in live mode, no relationship nor sentiments between them, just an angry buff on both sides
Message 4 of 22 (6,920 Views)

★ Guide
@Anska_Stormblade I also have this problem - I started the scenario before the last patch and it worked just fine. Now I cannot restart the scenario because it will not accept engaged couples and counts them as "related."

So when the scenario starts the sims are not engaged and have a low friendship, no romance bar, and are only angry but that's it. I'd have to cheat them into being engaged or having any romance bar to even start with, and likely cheat them into having negative sentiments, to have the scenario even resemble the original.

Even with mods, the scenario doesn't work correctly. Overall a supreme disappointment. Only scenario I've been excited about in a while, and I wanted to play it "nice" (which I finished) and "not nice" which now I have no chance at.
Message 5 of 22 (6,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Anska_Stormbladeto everyone here, I don't think this is a bug. You have to follow the instructions the scenario gives in CAS and create two YA sims with no relationship at all between them and the game will give them all the proper relationship bars and sentiments. This is what I did when I played it and it worked perfect. If you make the sims engaged in CAS notice the scenario UI isn't ticked 

Message 6 of 22 (6,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@FloraInWonderlanI did follow the instructions and did not have the sims be engaged when I started the household, and I've tried various sim combinations, saves, worlds, after making sure I worked on a vanilla game that I repaired just to be sure. The results I got are the same results as in the screenshots above - two sims who are angry, have low friendship, and are merely acquaintances. Not engaged, no romance bar, no sentiments.

The first time I started this scenario, prior to the patch, it worked just fine - they were engaged, the bars were what were explained, and the sentiment was there. It's not a case of misunderstanding the instructions.

Edited to add a screenshot of one of my sims looking at the pane of the other.

Message 7 of 22 (6,686 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem, did anyone find a solution?

Message 8 of 22 (6,429 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Scenario: Engaged in Conflict doesn't create Sims to meet pre-conditi

★★★ Newbie

I have also had this problem, with a fully updated game, no mods or CC.  Would love to have it fixed, as this is a scenario I was genuinely excited to play!

Message 9 of 22 (6,307 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is a bug. It works like you said for any version of the scenario started before the latest patch, but for games started afterwards the scenario is broken

Message 10 of 22 (6,211 Views)