Re: [OPEN] Scattered Panes windows do not transmit light to the Interior

by Alistu

Original Post

Re: Frost Your House + The Scattered Panes Issues

★ Guide

I'm also having this issue. The Scattered Panes window casts the cris-crossed version's shadow on every swatch. 2019.8.30 Verkeerde schaduw bij ramen.png

Message 21 of 38 (1,948 Views)

Re: Frost Your House + The Scattered Panes Issues

★ Apprentice

Hello, still having this issue. 

Can we expect to get an update/fix for this please?

Message 22 of 38 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm it still isn't displaying the correct shadow. Tried to fix it myself, looks like every swatch points to the same model (which only references the one shadow texture) so all swatches will have the same shadow as the first swatch. Because of this, swapping the shadow texture on any individual swatch will change the shadow for all swatches currently.

Message 23 of 38 (1,835 Views)

★★ Guide

I've just come from reading about someone trying to fix this on the Sims4Studio forums and it appears that the windows can be fixed by removing their shadow mesh. Apparently the matching door is broken also? I don't know but that seems as though it will require a different fix if it is.

Message 24 of 38 (1,779 Views)

The Scattered Panes window doesn't have the correct shadow on some varients

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Island Living Seasons Cats and dogs City living Get to work Dine out Tiny living Laundry day Kitchen stuff And the free packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go into build mode and select any size of The Scattered Pane window. 2.Put on any varient that is not the triangle one
What happens when the bug occurs? A different shadow shape appears than the shape of the window
What do you expect to see? The shadow shape to match the window shape.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Also,when the window is duplicated as you move it, it goes back to the white triangle varient. 

Message 25 of 38 (1,776 Views)

Re: The Scattered Panes window doesn't have the correct shadow on some varients

Hero
@RRB1667 Merged your post with thread on this. Although the initial problem was different, this thread is used for them still.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 38 (1,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

April 2020, and this is still an issue Frown

@Birthright_Black interestingly enough, there was a "fix" in a patch about a year or so ago. but of course it wasn't fixed.

Message 27 of 38 (1,672 Views)

Hero
@taydevsim They fixed an issue with the shadows not being present at all and created the new issue by doing that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 38 (1,634 Views)

City living window shadow not working properly

★ Novice

The windows that came with city living have only one shadow for one of the patterns and the rest of the patterns appear with the same shadow, as shown ahead. I do not remember them ever working properly therefore I do not believe this came to be with the most recent patch. 

Message 29 of 38 (1,433 Views)

Re: City living window shadow not working properly

Hero
@kikacm05 Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 38 (1,426 Views)