Re: [OPEN] Scattered Panes windows do not transmit light to the Interior

by fischdeo

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Scattered Panes windows do not transmit light to the Interior

★★★★ Novice

Still occurring as of 30/10/18

Really annoying as these are my favorite windows for modern builds and greenhouses but this error makes me just not able to use them.

Message 11 of 38 (2,543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Update with the 11/13/2018 Patch - This issue was literally the very first thing that I checked out after the new patch, which had in its release notes a blurb about fixing certain windows so that their shadows matched the swatch, so I was quite excited to see the change. Certain windows seems to NOT have been referring to this particular item.

No change, still behave as in the original post. [sad face]...

Message 12 of 38 (2,497 Views)

★★★ Guide
I'm also experiencing this issue.
Message 13 of 38 (2,458 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Me also. Wrong shadows!

Message 14 of 38 (2,441 Views)

★★★ Guide

12-04-18_11-44-22 PM.png

Hopefully this is related enough to post here. The Cats and dogs windows have the wrong shadow coming through them. Looks like they use the one from the other small window that came in that ep. 

Message 15 of 38 (2,408 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having this issue. The Scattered Panes window casts the cris-crossed version's shadow on every swatch. The shadow still rotates with the window though, it's just the pattern that stays the same.

I've never played with these windows until now so I'm only noticing it for the first time today. Repairing the game and clearing the cache doesn't fix it. Never used any mods or cc.

Message 16 of 38 (2,368 Views)

City Living window

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? City Living windows all have the same shadows when in maximum light setting.
What happens when the bug occurs? City Living windows all have the same shadows when in maximum light setting. All windows have the zig zag shadow that renders on the floor regardless of what swatch you use.
What do you expect to see? Additional shadows added to match the city living windows. Which hasn’t beed addresses since launch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

City living window glitch

shadows appear on city living windows when lighting is set to high in game options as only zig zag texture which ruins the gameplay

Message 17 of 38 (2,313 Views)

Re: City Living window

Hero

HI @Echiveria 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 38 (2,295 Views)

Frost Your House + The Scattered Panes Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs excluding Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Fitness Stuff, and Kids Room Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing one of the following and select another palette option: Frost Your House Double Door, Frost Your House Tall Double Door, The Scattered Panes, The Scattered Panes Embiggened.
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows and doors mentioned do not transmit light to the interior as expected. Light passes through the windows and doors in a pattern that is inconsistent with the palette selected.
What do you expect to see? The light transmitted to the interior should match the appearance of the door/window.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This was supposedly fixed in the Seasons patch (6/22/18), but the issue is still present. (If the different "patterns" of these doors/windows need to be split into seperate objects to fix this issue, so be it.)

Message 19 of 38 (2,213 Views)

Re: Frost Your House + The Scattered Panes Issues

Hero
@Tevatron Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

It's still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 38 (2,181 Views)