Re: Strangerville scanner constantly low

by poptart52

Original Post

★ Pro
@poptart52 While I'm glad you are getting spores with your workaround, you shouldn't have to do it that way. Since @EuphorialQueen and I can get the scanner to work in mod/cc free games, on the surface it would appear to be a mod/cc conflict. However, you've stated you tested in a mod/cc free game after resetting your game folders and doing a repair, so I don't know what else to suggest except to file a bug report. Not all bugs affect all simmers for varying reasons.

You also mentioned no options to ask about the scanner and spores. Chit chat with the sims for a bit. Sometimes you have to get to know them somewhat before the option for the question you want to ask appears. Best place to meet military personnel to talk to about the scanner is at the bar in my game but I did have to carry on a conversation for a bit. LOL, I just bribed the guy to get the scanner when I had the opportunity to do so.

I hope you get this resolved. Problems can be so darned frustrating.
Message 10 of 40 (1,745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I ended up getting the scanner to have the option ONCE, but only after I tried to fight the Big Boss. Anyway, yea, I have tried without mods/cc so it's definitely not a mod/cc issue. Thanks you guys!

Message 11 of 40 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've been having this issue. So far I have no permanent solution but occasinally I have gotten it to work by taking the scanner out of my inventory and placing it on the ground at home, leaving it there for a day or so and picking it back up. It's worked a few times but sometimes doesn't. It's really hit and miss but the only option I've found that doesn't involve using the cheat.

Message 12 of 40 (1,499 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Bethonie96 
I was able to get a scanner to work after asking scientists at the library about the spores.
That does not mean others are not having trouble.
The scanner is an important part of working thru the StrangerVille Mystery and needs to work consistently.

I invite you @dolldrms1  or @poptart52  to open a Bug Report at the following link to allow a full investigation and resolution.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 13 of 40 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm working on one now. Thank you!!

Message 14 of 40 (1,430 Views)

Infection Scanner Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, spa day, outdoor retreat, holiday celeration pack, grims ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Strangerville campaign and get the Infection Scanner, try scanning in the area of the secret lab.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to use the scanner when you click the ground the option to use it is grayed out and says that it needs to recharge even if you haven't used it in days. It sometimes shows as being able to use inside their house but as soon as the sim gets to the lab it is unusable.
What do you expect to see? The scanner should be usable to find the spore clusters.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried creating a new save with new sims but that did not work. I also tried checking for updates and repairing the game and still could not get it to work.

Message 16 of 40 (1,403 Views)

Re: Infection Scanner Not Working

★ Guide

I've done SV very recently with a Military sim and got the same 'battery low' issue.

However, I could scan where I expected the spores to be highest level, and that's inside the lab, behind the key card door at the lower levels.

/hope this helps!

Message 17 of 40 (1,352 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville Scanner constantly low

★★ Novice

I tried getting the spore clusters fron show hidden objects but it kept coming up Jess does not own this item. 

Message 18 of 40 (1,292 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville Scanner constantly low

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@HairyLimey wrote:

I tried getting the spore clusters from show hidden objects but it kept coming up Jess does not own this item. 

Are you using the cheat to get them on your home or a community lot?
Are you not able to pull them into personal inventory?

Edit: Tested in my game and places spore clusters on home lot.
There is option to "put in inventory".

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 19 of 40 (1,254 Views)

StrangerVille Spore Scanner

★ Apprentice

This post is about an issue I have experienced, But I wasn't sure if it's and "operator error" with a simple fix or if it's an actual bug, so someone can move it to the correct forum. 
I am attempting to play through the strangerville story again (I have never completed it before), and the spore scanner always shows that the battery is low. I was able to find five spore clusters and one scan, And two other scans were totally unproductive. The battery was too low between scans to do anything. I got rid of that spore scanner and obtain another one, and I haven't been able to scan at all with this one. It appeared charged when I first got it, But then the charge disappeared as soon as I got to the secret lab and tried to scan. 

Message 20 of 40 (1,254 Views)