[OPEN] [SV] Strangerville Cloud Remains After the Story

by biupforsims

Original Post

Re: Strangerville Cloud Stuck in the Neighborhood

★ Novice

The same thing has been happening to me as well. Please EA, get back to this thread..

Message 31 of 51 (1,529 Views)

Strangerville non-playable area still has bizzare plants and clouds

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs up to My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish the Strangerville story
What happens when the bug occurs? The non-playable area of Strangerville still has bizarre plants and spiral clouds.
What do you expect to see? The non-playable area of Strangerville should look like a regular desert town without the bizarre plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After finishing the Strangerville story, the "non-playable area" of Strangerville still has bizarre plants and clouds. I tried disabling my mods to see if it gets fixed, but it is still bugged, so my mods are not causing the issue. I also tried reviving the mother plant and going through the story again and killing her again, but it still didn't change anything. I know it really isn't a game-breaking bug, but it does ruin my immersion, and it's disappointing to see after working so hard to make things around the town normal.

Message 32 of 51 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@keekee53 My game is doing this same thing- played with a new Sim who defeated the Mother Plant, there are still plants in inaccessible areas and still clouds over the crater. He married a soldier Sim who he met during the adventure, and still has bizarre fruits (which he harvested and/or grew himself) in his inventory, if that matters. Also a few clusters of spores left over from when he was making the vaccine.
Message 33 of 51 (1,409 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue, very frustrating. No matter how I do it, the cloud and plants in inaccessible areas remain.

Message 34 of 51 (1,370 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville Cloud Remains After the Story Solved

★ Apprentice

After some fiddling around, I found a method with TwistedMexi's mod that worked for me.

First, start with any sim living in Strangerville Plaza, load in and bring up the cheat box.

Next, activate testingcheats, and then we cycle thru all four story stages:

narrative.start_narrative narrative_Strangetown_Act1

narrative.start_narrative narrative_Strangetown_Act2

narrative.start_narrative narrative_Strangetown_Act3

narrative.start_narrative narrative_Strangetown_Act4

After the last act, the plant infestation and the cloud should have cleared up.

To be sure though, maybe let some time pass in-between stages of the acts to be sure that the code worked, it should have visually updated in between stages.

Message 35 of 51 (1,298 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. The first time I played through StrangerVille, which was only a few weeks after the pack dropped, everything went fine and StrangerVille was all good after the Mother was defeated.

I then had another Sim of mine resurrect the Mother in September, requesting maximum weirdness. After requesting normalcy again, the clouds and off-bounds plants as others described, remained. I simply thought this was an issue with the resurrect/requesting weirdness/normalcy thing and honestly also thought it looked kind of pretty so I didn't report it. 

I then had my Sims actually go and defeat the Mother again, made up this whole storyline around the initial glitch where the clouds/plants hadn't fully disappeared because the Mother wasn't actually defeated, and it really honestly just worked well for me. However, after actually defeating the Mother around May this year, the clouds and off-bounds plants STILL remain. 

Honestly feel this randomly affects games/save files, therefore making it hard to reproduce, but it most definitely IS occurring so I do agree with those frustrated Simmers in this thread who don't feel like they are heard because of comments made earlier about it being unreproduceable and "only very few reports of it." Glad to see the "Me Too" responses starting to accumulate now, though. 

Will also say though, that it is genuinely quite pretty, because the lighting/weather will be the normal game's lighting which can look real pretty on those clouds that shouldn't be there, LOL (see images). However, it does frustrate me now because as per my storyline/lore, the Mother ought to be fully defeated now and it's kind of hard for me to be telling that tale when them clouds still looming ominously behind my Sims in every screenshot I take. 😅 I decided to just make up a storyline about the damage done to StrangerVille being now irreversible as my Sims have admittedly been messing with this poor town a whole lot. 

Have also heard of the same kinds of issues with Sulani backdrops being stuck in certain states, which appears to be random as well, which ultimately does make me a little concerned for all the new effects added with EL that I'm now afraid might randomly get stuck as the StrangerVille/Sulani ones have been shown to. 

Message 36 of 51 (1,260 Views)

★ Novice
@Kuponutty thanks, it works. I am pretty sure that while applying the four codes, the game should keep running at some speed instead of being paused, then the surround will start to change visually.
Message 37 of 51 (1,223 Views)

★ Novice
@Fierande Kuponutty's solution is right and it works.
Message 38 of 51 (1,222 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have finished the story in Strangerville too and all the purple plants and cloud are still there. Am a bit disappointed because I like the world a lot just not the purple plants and cloud. 

Message 39 of 51 (1,160 Views)

★★ Guide

Jas there been a resolve for this I am on xbox one and having the same issue.

Message 40 of 51 (1,092 Views)