Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville Cloud Remains After the Story Solved

by mauvejinjo

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictyou mean, "only 2 peoples marked it as a problem in this topic in this forum" Standard smile I am sure it is widespread, just not everyone, including myself, realize it's a bug and it shouldn't be like this.

But now I know Standard smile

Message 21 of 51 (1,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well, that's three now with me ! I played with a new game recently, and the clouds didn't go after killing the mother plant. 

I removed my mod, repaired the game, back up an old save before I kill the mother plant, revived her and kill her again… nothing worked. 

I guess it is a recent bug. I killed the mother plant in a different game when StrangerVille was released. I didn't had this issue before. 

Message 22 of 51 (1,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. Even tried the narrative.start_narrative narrative_strangetown_act4 cheat, which didn't work. 

Message 23 of 51 (1,706 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This alters my game saves, too.

First off, I do have mods installed. I always have. However, the file that I first played and completed with StrangerVille reverted to normal after the defeat of the Mother Plant. This was completed about 5 days after the pack was released.

I beat the StrangerVille mystery in a different save file recently. The mushroom cloud and all of the plants remain, even during normalcy. I have since checked the first save (which I reset to strangeness months ago) and the cloud will not not go away, even when normalcy is requested. 

Both of these saves are clones of an older mother save prior to StrangerVille. This problem appears to be recent. 

So far in my new save, StrangerVille has no cloud, however I've yet to actually play the mystery there. 

Message 24 of 51 (1,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey @crinrict, how rude of you to say like that!

Now you can find 3 more witnesses that has the same issue.

Tested with recent version (1.59.73.1020) and bug still there.

Removed all mods and cache, yes with totally new game and new family.

What a mess XD

I'm curious why EA is not recognising it.

+ I canceled my `Accepted Solution` because it is not solved in the game.

+ Another bug report via The Sims Forum.

Check out this link -> https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/969814/strangerville

This is weird, isn't it?

+ Reported the bug to EA via EA Help. Looking forward to EA fixing it.

Message 25 of 51 (1,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried some cheating skills using TwistedMexi's All Cheat Code, and finally made a clean Strangerville.

For using this method, you have to start your family outside of Strangerville.

I started at Willow Creek, and without moving to any other lot, I pressed the ctrl + shift + c key and typed this:

testingcheats.true

narrative.start_narrative narrative_Strangetown_Act4

And then I moved to the science lab and the popup message said Strangerville turned normal.

I checked the other lot such as the airplane crash lot, and the richer lot. There was no strange cloud or plants at the non-playable area.

So maybe you must not visit any Strangerville neighbourhood and pass the narrative part by cheat code,

or you have to see those clouds in your visited Strangerville neighbourhood forever.

Ummmm... What kind of a game is this? A cheat finding game?

+ Ok so EA community manager is deleting useful links. impressed lol

Message 26 of 51 (1,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same bug too.

It's probably due to one of the updates, EA should really stop creating new problems with already existing packs.

They have to fix it asap though, cause otherwise strangeville isn't really playable (for normal game play, I want the cloud and plants out of my save).

Message 27 of 51 (1,531 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@biupforsims wrote:

I tried some cheating skills using TwistedMexi's All Cheat Code, and finally made a clean Strangerville.

For using this method, you have to start your family outside of Strangerville.

I started at Willow Creek, and without moving to any other lot, I pressed the ctrl + shift + c key and typed this:

testingcheats.true

narrative.start_narrative narrative_Strangetown_Act4

And then I moved to the science lab and the popup message said Strangerville turned normal.

I checked the other lot such as the airplane crash lot, and the richer lot. There was no strange cloud or plants at the non-playable area.

So maybe you must not visit any Strangerville neighbourhood and pass the narrative part by cheat code,

or you have to see those clouds in your visited Strangerville neighbourhood forever.

Ummmm... What kind of a game is this? A cheat finding game?

+ Ok so EA community manager is deleting useful links. impressed lol

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded the TwistedMexi's All Cheat mod and followed your steps hoping I could rid my town of the mushroom cloud and strange plants, but sadly it didn't work for me. Oddly I got the pop up notice confirming that the town was back to normal, but still had the annoying cloud and plants. I even used the narrative cheats to reset to the 1st Act and 3rd Acts, revived the mother and requested less "strangeness" and then back to Act 4 but none of that worked, 

Message 28 of 51 (1,489 Views)

Re: Strangerville Cloud Stuck in the Neighborhood

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem as well. The plants are still around after the mother has been defeated. Is there any solution?

Message 29 of 51 (1,449 Views)

Re: Strangerville Cloud Stuck in the Neighborhood

★ Novice

I’m having same problem as well... defeated the mother and returned to home lot, got the message that all is well in Strangerville but clouds and plants remain.

Message 30 of 51 (1,384 Views)