by celticthunder21

Original Post

[OPEN] [SV] Jogging/Marching in SV ends abruptly

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs as of 5/26/19 for the Sims 4 installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a character and place them in a house in StrangerVille. In my instance, the weather is cold. Click on the Sim and select "Go Jogging". Keep clicking on this option until the bug occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim abruptly stops jogging and returns to their Everyday clothing.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see the bug fixed so when I tell the Sim to Go Jogging, they will just go for their usual jog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occurred after the release of StrangerVille.

I was playing my game this evening and one of my Sims is in the Military.  As part of the daily objectives, my Sim has to Go Jogging.  I would select the Sim to Go Jogging, (it's cold outside but not snowing or freezing), and the Sim would beginning jogging and shortly thereafter would bug out, reset, and return to their Everyday clothing.  I am hoping this bug can be resolved in the next update as this makes the action incredibly challenging.

Message 1 of 17 (1,276 Views)

Re: jogging in strangerville

Hero
Does it only happen in Strangerville to you or other neighborhoods as well ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,238 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I notice this happen in Shady Acres about 50% of the time; they'll stop about 3/4 into their jog and suddenly be in their everyday wear; I'll see if I can find the usual spot where the Sim stops, since I have a few living there now.

- B

Message 3 of 17 (1,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
Game Changer

@celticthunder21

Does you Sim by any chance have an umbrella?
I find it impossible for any Sim to complete a jog when they have an umbrella.

They jog a bit then stop to pull out their umbrella. I had to remove them from all my Sims to get them to do any outdoor related activities.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 17 (1,199 Views)

★★ Novice

No, my Sim does not have an umbrella in this particular instance. It’s just cold outside, I told my Sim to jog and then poof, they reset and stop jogging. 

Message 5 of 17 (1,185 Views)

Hero

Hi @celticthunder21 

did you see my question above ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (1,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can actually duplicate this.

Could someone test

• Does it happen in all neighborhoods when it's cold ?
  • Does it happen with freezing too ? It doesn't happen when it's cool

Also Added 

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
Game Changer

Tested with a newly created Sim living in StrangerVille.
I started in winter with 14 days per season. The weather settings are on default for testing purposes.
It has been about 9 Sim days and Terrance is in the military so he jogs or marches everywhere several times a day.
StrangerVille has fairly mild weather so far with temps chilly to cold. He has also been to Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg and San Myshuno which all had freezing temps. It did not stop him from jogging.
The only thing I noticed in the freezing areas was one short episode of him shivering with a "chilled" moodlet.
It did not cut his jog short and was quickly overridden/ cancelled out by an energized moodlet,

Did anyone with this issue notice a change in moodlets?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 17 (1,083 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Jogging in SV ends abruptly when it's cold

[ Edited ]

I've been having this issue on PS4 and don't have Strangerville installed. My sims, who live in Oasis Springs, will randomly stop jogging if they are sent to jog and also don't gain a "good workout"  buff from jogging unless I make them go jogging twice. Teen and YA/Adult sims that can "Jog to clear mind" do get the "good workout" buff if they jog to clear their mind but not if they just "go jogging." It also doesn't matter what season it is.

Edit, maybe weather does affect this. I had my sim jog during warm weather and they got the correct good work out after one jog. 

Edit again: My sim just stopped jogging in the middle of his jog when it was hot, it was however fall.  Previously it was summer and they were jogging around the block correctly.

I don't work for EA. I'm a player helping other players. I do not respond to PMs.
Sims 4 Console FAQ and Help | Sims 4 Console Patch Notes
If a post solved your issue, don't forget to mark it as a solution!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 17 (1,044 Views)

March Around Won't Complete on Certain Lots (Strangerville)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single pack, save Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to jog or march around on any of the Shady Acres Lots, but particularly on the Plateau Place lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will begin to do the action (ie, get into exercise/military gear), and then they glitch and stop after beginning the animation.
What do you expect to see? The sim to complete the action without glitching out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed this for a good while but I wanted to see if other people noticed it/had reported on it.  Unfortunately, I've not seen anything about the issue.  I've posted a video.  I'm able to reproduce the issue without fail on Shady Acres Plateau Place, but I've not tested every single lot rigorously.  However, it's been pretty consistent.  

Message 10 of 17 (973 Views)