Original Post

Re: jogging in strangerville

Hero

Hi @celticthunder21 

did you see my question above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 34 (2,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can actually duplicate this.

Could someone test

• Does it happen in all neighborhoods when it's cold ?
  • Does it happen with freezing too ? It doesn't happen when it's cool

Also Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 34 (2,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Tested with a newly created Sim living in StrangerVille.
I started in winter with 14 days per season. The weather settings are on default for testing purposes.
It has been about 9 Sim days and Terrance is in the military so he jogs or marches everywhere several times a day.
StrangerVille has fairly mild weather so far with temps chilly to cold. He has also been to Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg and San Myshuno which all had freezing temps. It did not stop him from jogging.
The only thing I noticed in the freezing areas was one short episode of him shivering with a "chilled" moodlet.
It did not cut his jog short and was quickly overridden/ cancelled out by an energized moodlet,

Did anyone with this issue notice a change in moodlets?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 13 of 34 (2,657 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Jogging in SV ends abruptly when it's cold

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've been having this issue on PS4 and don't have Strangerville installed. My sims, who live in Oasis Springs, will randomly stop jogging if they are sent to jog and also don't gain a "good workout"  buff from jogging unless I make them go jogging twice. Teen and YA/Adult sims that can "Jog to clear mind" do get the "good workout" buff if they jog to clear their mind but not if they just "go jogging." It also doesn't matter what season it is.

Edit, maybe weather does affect this. I had my sim jog during warm weather and they got the correct good work out after one jog. 

Edit again: My sim just stopped jogging in the middle of his jog when it was hot, it was however fall.  Previously it was summer and they were jogging around the block correctly.

Message 14 of 34 (2,618 Views)

March Around Won't Complete on Certain Lots (Strangerville)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single pack, save Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to jog or march around on any of the Shady Acres Lots, but particularly on the Plateau Place lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will begin to do the action (ie, get into exercise/military gear), and then they glitch and stop after beginning the animation.
What do you expect to see? The sim to complete the action without glitching out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed this for a good while but I wanted to see if other people noticed it/had reported on it.  Unfortunately, I've not seen anything about the issue.  I've posted a video.  I'm able to reproduce the issue without fail on Shady Acres Plateau Place, but I've not tested every single lot rigorously.  However, it's been pretty consistent.  

Message 15 of 34 (2,547 Views)

Re: March Around/Go Jogging Won't Complete on Certain Lots (Strangerville)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@verfens I've had issues when it was cold but I can't currently replicate what you're seeing. Both is working fine for me on that lot.

Does it matter for you if it's before or after the mystery ?

Here's the existing thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-SV-Jogging-in-SV-ends-abruptly-when-it-s-cold/td-p/...

Also: Any lastexception files ?

Unfortunately your video doesn't work for me

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (1,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

While that's true, I do seem to recall it being cool, not cold when my sim started glitching out, that doesn't answer why if I just travel to another lot in the same world, with the same weather, my sim is able to complete the task.  I'll do some more testing but right now in game it's summer so I should be able to verify if it's the weather or the lot that's doing it.

IDK what happened with the video, but I can't even play it on my own computer.  It happens before the mystery has been completed for sure, but I think on my one family that also lives on the lot, who has completed the mystery, it has the same issues on that lot.

Edit: no last exception files either.

Edit 2: yes, I've confirmed that march around 9/10 times won't complete on the lot "Plateau Place," at least in my game.  It's random how long they will march around for before the glitch occurs, but this is unrelated to the weather for certain.  Sometimes they'll go for a good long stretch before the glitch happens, other times its instant. However, it does look like jogging absolutely does complete normally in warm weather.  I'll correct the title.

Message 17 of 34 (1,770 Views)

Hero
@verfens I merged your thread and adjusted the title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (1,730 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Jogging/Marching in SV ends abruptly

Champion

I'm having this issue trying to get sims to jog from the lot "Dream Weavers Way" on the upper plateau of Strangerville.

The weather is sunny and cool (season is spring).

The sims will jog to the end of the street, which is the edge of the area and then abruptly appear back in their everyday clothes (they were wearing their athletic jogging clothes) - the animation when stopping is not a smooth transition. They just are running pose one second and then are in a standing idle mode. It's not enough time for them to even get a good workout buff.

There is no last exception file generated.

Message 19 of 34 (1,708 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Jogging/Marching in SV ends abruptly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @celticthunder21 This is happening with me too, no mods, completed the mystery, used to work ok, but now it is autumn, so mostly cold. My sims live in Corner Creek Cove and can't even make it up the road, it seems they stop whilst ascending it, I reinstruct them to jog 3 or 4 times, sometimes they end up doing the whole jog, but mostly glitch out and return to casual clothing.

Message 20 of 34 (1,665 Views)