by juliabam123

Original Post

[OPEN] [SV] Gate removes fences

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, get famous, city living, seasons, cats and dogs, strangerville, spa day, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat, jungle adventures, vintage glamour, bowling night, movie hangout, laundry day, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add strangerville gate on a fence.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fence dissapears and can not be readded, not even after removing the gate or undoing everything using ctrl + z.
What do you expect to see? The fence to remain in place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Problem shown in screenshot.  

Message 1 of 14 (2,488 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ/A] [SV] Gate removes fences

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,393 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Gate removes fences

★★ Novice

Hello,

I am also having this problem, so I wanted to bring this thread back to life with a new report.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes (Seems to be random)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Goulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can't figure out any way other than deleting the fence post-by-post.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fence disappears and can not be readded, not even after removing the gate or undoing everything using ctrl + z.
What do you expect to see? The fence to remain in place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, MCCC, UI Cheats, SOL, Meaningful Stories, other smaller package and script mods, but it happens with and without mods installed. (I turn my mods off when posting to the gallery to make sure my lots post without cc, and so I was able to test it without mods/cc installed.)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I believe it began with the most recent patch, but I don't use fences very often, so it could be unrelated. 

Message 3 of 14 (2,338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this bug, but have never used custom content (PC) and don't own SV either. Fence comes back when you reload the lot.

Message 4 of 14 (2,299 Views)

★★ Novice

@lepetitemais wrote:

I also have this bug, but have never used custom content (PC) and don't own SV either. Fence comes back when you reload the lot.

Important point: I never could get my fence to come back, no matter how many times I reloaded the lot or even restarted my computer. However, other builds aren't always having this problem. If it happens, it's an always, never resolved, but whether or not it happens seems to be random. 

Message 5 of 14 (2,293 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MekaelaNoel I agree that it appears to be random, it's not a particular lot or save. I also have the issue that, while I'm still on the lot, if I remove the fence and gate and try to build a new fence (any) in the same place, there will just be blanks/holes where there were holes in the removed fence. Is the bug behaving like this for you too?

Also, I know this might be a tedious question but do you see any difference if you repair your game?
Message 6 of 14 (2,278 Views)

★★ Novice

@lepetitemais wrote:
@MekaelaNoelI agree that it appears to be random, it's not a particular lot or save. I also have the issue that, while I'm still on the lot, if I remove the fence and gate and try to build a new fence (any) in the same place, there will just be blanks/holes where there were holes in the removed fence. Is the bug behaving like this for you too?

Also, I know this might be a tedious question but do you see any difference if you repair your game?

Yes, I am having the same issues as you. I do not know about repairing my game. I haven't tried that as a solution. I honestly hadn't thought about it. 

Message 7 of 14 (2,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

Repairing the game actually fixed the problem for me. Well, at least the fence is back again.

Message 8 of 14 (2,176 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SV] Gate removes fences

★ Novice

I have this same issue! its super annoying!! 

Message 9 of 14 (2,104 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SV] Gate removes fences

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If anyone is still having this issue, it sounds like this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-MOO-RELATED-Fences-disappear-when-hovering-with-ga...

If you have bb.moveobjects on when placing a fence/gate try turning it off and see if it stops. In addition clearing the cache could help as well.

Message 10 of 14 (1,898 Views)