Re: [OPEN] [SSP] [S] Spooky Stuff Costumes Not Recognized As Costumes

by Knazysauce

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do hope they will address this because Seasons and Spooky Stuff should work so well together. But for now I'm going to delete my Halloween holiday and just throw a random spooky party in the fall so my sims can have a decent costume selection.

Message 11 of 38 (3,334 Views)

★ Guide

I would like to add that the new robot costume also doesn't appear on the list for costumes.

Message 12 of 38 (3,239 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep same here. I just threw both an incognito costume party and a spooky costume party, and robot wasn't on the list of options.

Message 13 of 38 (3,229 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Sigzy05 I really like to think they just throw these costumes at us and never bother to code them right for gameplay. Figures.
Message 14 of 38 (3,214 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I'll add this into here since it's kind of in the same "issue". My kid sims have two options for costumes; Sausage and Yoda. Except everytime the kid chooses Sausage, it just randomizes his outfit. The Yoda costume works fine but not the Sausage one. I tried this with and without mods, new and old savefile.

Message 15 of 38 (3,191 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Knazysauce wrote:

I think I'll add this into here since it's kind of in the same "issue". My kid sims have two options for costumes; Sausage and Yoda. Except everytime the kid chooses Sausage, it just randomizes his outfit. The Yoda costume works fine but not the Sausage one. I tried this with and without mods, new and old savefile.

I actually just recently ran into this issue with the Vatores in my custom Spooky Day holiday. I had Scarlet's Wear More Costumes mod installed, but when I tried to dress Lilith as a Witch (all three kinds) and Caleb as a Ninja...well... (*POINTS AT ATTACHED PIC*)

It soon occurred to me that these were costumes from Spooky Stuff (which I don't have), which the mod may have allowed to be showed. I removed the mod, but even after deleting localthumbcache and repairing, they still show up as options.

Do you have Wear More Costumes? Is your game the Digital Deluxe version? Which other packs (including/excluding Spooky Stuff do you have?

Message 16 of 38 (3,122 Views)

★★ Guide

same on XB1.

IMHO they should either add all the costumes to the "wear a costume" action during the holiday/party or add a new costume category to CAS and replace that action my changing to that added costume category via "change outfit".

Message 17 of 38 (3,084 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@StarryMight I have a lot of mods but not that one, but I deleted all mods and created a new game to try the get the bug again and it happened still. I have all packs except Moschino and First pet stuff. My sims 4 is not deluxe. So I realised that the hotdog outfit comes from deluxe but I dislike that the option for it in my game without deluxe shows up. When I have so many other halloween themes outfits in the game like pirate, skeleton, bear etc that I rather come up as an option.

Message 18 of 38 (3,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Knazysauce: I see. I learned yesterday that it's actually normal for the game to fall back on randomized outfits if certain CAS parts are missing (e.g. apparently, Baby Ariel, among others, in Get Famous, uses certain items from the The Sims 4 Deluxe, and if your game isn't that version, she has - EDIT: underwear, according this topic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Digital-Deluxe-Content-on-Official-Sims-is...  - on).

Also, Seasons allows you to have Traditions in your Holidays that are tied to Spooky Stuff, even if you can't actually do them all, e.g. pumpkin carving in Spooky Spirit (that's just one way to fulfill that, though), or Trick or Treat. Neither of those can actually done at all without the Stuff Pack, though, since they're tied to objects in it.

P.S. - Did you delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder in Documents (I'm assuming you're on Windows) and repair the game in Origin after removing the mods? Just want to make sure. Standard smile

Message 19 of 38 (3,035 Views)

Costumes from Spooky Stuff seems to not be working in any scenario

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, but the problem is focused on one of the key-gameplay features of Spooky Stuff; and possible related but not exclusively to have also Seasons installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doesn't show any the costumes that comes with the pack Spooky Stuff in the “Wear a costume” menu when you click your active sim when you have a Spooky Party and only shows the base game ones. Just to clarify, this bug happens INDEPENDENTLY if you play with some key-gameplay interactions that came with Seasons, having the “Wear a Costume” tradition active or if you plan the party with your sims during a Holiday, I tried the Spooky Party event in a random day (mid week of spring to be precise) without any holiday and still occurs the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you plan a Spooky Party and you can't even see any of the options of costumes that came with the pack in the Wear a Costume menu, only showing the base game ones as the Costume Party.
What do you expect to see? Get the Wear a Costume menu fixed, independently of the possible pack integration with Seasons, because it's one of the key-features of the pack and feels quite odd that it's broken, especially when it used to work fine almost a year ago. Also, when Seasons was released I remember this working just fine with Spooky Stuff, regardless if you throw the party during a holiday and even the costumes count as fulfilling the Wear a Costume tradition (I already read the other bug reports and I want to confirm 100% that this used to work but I just don't remember when it stop, probably a broken update). So I hope if this get fix also gets well integrated as it used to be when Seasons was released.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just want to add this wishing to bring some attention to the costumes being broken independently of Seasons gameplay.

Message 20 of 38 (2,923 Views)