Re: SPOOKY STUFF COSTUMES NOT RECOGNIZED AS COSTUMES?

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SSP] [S] Spooky Stuff Costumes Not Recognized As Costumes

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to "wear costume" during a holiday with the "wear costume" tradition.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spooky Stuff costumes are not being recognized as costumes by the game for the purposes of the "Wear Costume" tradition. This occurs even if you throw a Spooky Party.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Spooky Stuff costumes to be recognized as costumes for the tradition and be under the menu when choosing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 38 (7,504 Views)

★★ Guide

I have seen this in my game as well and wondered if this might be by design. When trick-to-treaters come to your house, they do wear those spooky stuff costumes though. 

Message 2 of 38 (7,428 Views)

Hero
Even if not necessarily a bug, I do believe this to be an oversight.

I'll add it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 38 (7,415 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you! Standard smile 

Message 4 of 38 (7,410 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I also noticed this. Here I was, thinking I'd have a real use for the Spooky Stuff costumes, but nope, the game doesn't even recognize them as costumes. I was really disappointed.

Message 5 of 38 (7,376 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SSP] [S] Spooky Stuff Costumes Not Recognized As Costumes

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (7,329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To be honest I don't think seasons recognize costumes from any other packs as costumes, i.e. the bear and knight costumes from OR and GT.

Message 7 of 38 (7,272 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is there any word on this coming in a patch? I really enjoy having a Halloween type holiday, but it seems bizarre that the Spooky Stuff costumes aren't being included. Especially since pumpkin carving is.

Message 8 of 38 (7,191 Views)

★ Novice

Agreed!  It makes Spooky Day less interesting and a little depressing that there are only 2 options for kids for example.  Yes, you can go select a new party outfit - but that's not the same as using the wear a costume option and getting the costume check for the tradition!  There were terrific costumes added in Spooky Stuff, shame they aren't recognized by Seasons in the household!  Another thought relating to events/spooky costume party - have a right click option to change costume... This would be great to have given Halloween is coming up... thanks!

Message 9 of 38 (7,153 Views)

★★★ Guide
I agree, I'd be really nice to see spooky day stuff have some use on this holiday. Plus if you throw a spooky party on that day, the game doesn't allow you to choose from those costumes anyways. I see trick or treaters wearing them, so why not our sims.
Also @crinrict I noticed when decorating with spooky theme, spooky stuff objects/decorations don't show up. Thought I might mention this too.
Message 10 of 38 (7,049 Views)