[FIXED] [SE] Travelling to Festival causes World to reload

by AmittyWood

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Travelling to Festival causes World to reload

★★★★★ Apprentice

This ruined my save file.  We need a patch asap!!!

Message 31 of 100 (1,513 Views)

Sims going to event but loads to map/build screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got a new computer installed the game, made my charter and starting playing everything loaded ok,  I was able to use my mods like before.  I even updated the game and here is where it gets weird.   I was able to load to different worlds like going to the gym, and different locations.  but when the event in Snowy escape showed up the snow festival I think that is the name of this event.  I clicked on it to go to the event and it loaded the map.  I even went back and reloaded a previous save and again it loaded to the map not the event I did this like twice.  I had no problems before the update and am not sure if the update is the cause of the issue, or what is going on.  I wonder if I should uninstall the game and reload again with all updates.  

Is anyone else having this problem.  I have looked in the forums but was not able to find anything related to this issue.  Unless I completely missed it. 

Please help and thank you.  I would like to play my game and have it all ready for the upcoming game pack.  I am so excited for the new county living game pack.  Standard smile 

Message 32 of 100 (1,480 Views)

Re: Sims going to event but loads to map/build screen

@soviira  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 100 (1,453 Views)

Snowy Escape Festival bug

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Movie Hangout, Holiday free items
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try going to snow festival
What happens when the bug occurs?  I recently purchased Snowy Escape and today my Sim was notified of the Snow Festival. I clicked the option to go to the festival but I can't get in there. Then I can't find where my Sim is so I have to exit the game without saving so I can get back into my family's house. What do you expect to see? To be able to attend the Snowy Escape festivals
What do you expect to see? The ability to attend Snowy Escape festivals
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just experienced this bug today but I have seen that others are having the same issue.

Message 34 of 100 (1,458 Views)

I can not go to Mt. Komorebi events with my friend

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Get Together City Living Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University Eco Lifestyle Snowy Escape Outdoor Retreat Dine Out Parenthood Movie Hangout Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Deploy your sim at San Myshuno then wait until events at Mt. Komorebi occur then go to that event with some friend another way to create bug is plan social event to Mt. Komorebi such as mountain climb
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will send you to residential world page and can't go back to play that sims anymore
What do you expect to see? I can go to Mt. Komorebi event with my friend
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Video 

Message 35 of 100 (1,477 Views)

Re: I can not go to Mt. Komorebi events with my friend

Hero
@combotaro I merged your post with the existing festival thread for the issue

The mountain excursion currently has it's own thread which you can me too here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SE-Mountain-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 100 (1,464 Views)

Re: I can not go to Mt. Komorebi events with my friend

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much
Message 37 of 100 (1,444 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hello, I am also having this same issue but now the sim that i sent to the festival - she's not at home or at any lot with a festival. 

Message 38 of 100 (1,431 Views)

Re: Sims going to event but loads to map/build screen

★★ Novice

Thank you Standard smile 

Message 39 of 100 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also own all DLC and tried to go to the festival. Broke my save. I did the repair, which btw, is TEDIOUS because it goes through each DLC INDIVIDUALLY. It took forever, for God knows why. The repair didn't even fix the problem. Removed mods (only had three to begin with), did the back-up saves, tried moving the family out and back in, whatever I could think of and whatever I found on old forum posts from 2014 as well. Nothing. NOTHING WORKED.

For as much money we throw out at EA to collect the expansions, game packs, stuff packs, kits, blah blah blah, whatever fancy name you want to dress it up with, this is *. This is literally the same bug from 2014 and because they're rushing out all these cash grabs, they're spending less time to fine tune the game to be fundamentally WORKING at each launch. I've never encountered such an intense game breaking bug with no ETA on an emergency fix. Why not?

I'm obviously frustrated. I'm obviously a long-time fan of the Sims franchise, been since the original Sims. Every expansion along the way. The longer Sims 4 is the heart of the franchise, the more I lose hope. Sims 3 had its flaws and game-breaking bugs, but it was still a gem. Sims 2 - a masterpiece of its time. Sims 4 not only feels like a cash grab, but it's one of those where I'm AWARE it's a cash grab and I'm pretending that the content is worth it ... because I'm a long-time fan. Ugh. Sorry for the rant. Please push out a fix!!

Message 40 of 100 (1,356 Views)