Re: [OPEN] [SE] Travelling to Festival causes World to reload

by epaor

Original Post

★ Apprentice

OK, The issue sounds very similar to mine except I'm not travelling to Mount Komorebi. Its SAYS I'm travelling to Mount Komorebi but in actual fact I'm traveling to the Museum lot in Brindleton Bay where I have a wedding venue. My game has been pretty much perfect up until the last update and now I've had loads of issues. Besides going back to the world screen when travelling to the wedding venue, I've had buffs turn blank and coloured blue. 

The ONLY thing I can think of is its a Sunday, just after the invite for the Summer festival (I declined to go). It can't be a coincidence that I've had ZERO issues in nearly 7yrs then all of a sudden immediately after this update I've had numerous issues that is causing me to exit or force shut down and once even crashed to desktop. I have all game packs installed and my system is more than enough to handle the game and all packs. 

The last exception log shows no error. But clearly there is....

I've attached a screenshot-they;re supposed to be travelling to Brindleton Bay but its showing they're in Mount Komorebi, but I can't find them. 

Message 61 of 100 (855 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to add that this happened to me, it was an endless loading screen after guessing which lot has the festival. Also during a vacation it doesn’t register that I am asking them to travel to a lot, instead I have to go out to manage worlds  click on the lot I want to visit and then select which members of the household want to go which doesn’t work if you’re vacationing with people who aren’t in your household. However, after it loads it does allow you to travel back to the rental without any problems. 

Message 62 of 100 (809 Views)

Re: choosing saved characters/household uploads the residential world window

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for replying. We actually do have snowy escape extension. Sorry for that, my daughter just informed me.

She also specified that this loop happens only when she wants one of the characters in the household to go to an event, such as a festival. It's not giving an error, but bringing her back to the choose residential world and from that point every time she wants to play that household it's going to the res. world window. It's not happening to households that didn't try to go to an event.

Thanks in advanced

Message 63 of 100 (799 Views)

Hero
@noga_lubelski That is unfortunately a known bug then. I merged your thread with the master thread.

She can try travel to another lot than the Onsen to go to the festival and not use the prompts but it might not always work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 100 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How do we fix our save file then? I cannot play my sim she was the only one in the household. My game freezes whenever I try to build a new family to play on her save as a workaround to getting her back.

Edit to add: I had to make a new family in that save, play them, then I could play my OG sim again. I had to place the family, save and exit the game, to avoid freezing. 

Message 65 of 100 (748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I have encountered the same problem with travelling to festival. My quick problem solve is to play a different family (like random one that already exists) wait a few seconds and then go to world management and choose your family. Your sim should be then on your lot, if it doesn't work try to choose different family again and visit your sim. 

Message 66 of 100 (694 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me, I clicked the notification for my sim to attend the Snow Festival and it took me back to manage worlds. When I tried to play that household (single sim with pets) my sim was greyed out and I couldn't play it.

THE FIX:

I played another family in the same save, invited my sim over and then went back into manage worlds and played my sim, she was then back at home.

Message 67 of 100 (679 Views)

Sims Glitch Out of World (?)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansions. Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Dream Home Decorator, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kid's Room, Bowling Night, and Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not 100% sure if this is the only way to trigger the bug but I was going to go to one of the festivals in the snowy world (it is saying it is spelled wrong when I type it out), and I went through one of the notifications, brought my whole family and brought one child friend along.
What happens when the bug occurs? I no longer have access to the family I was playing with. When I go to their house it says that they are not home and when I select to play then or see where they are it says that they are somehow nowhere and it boots me back to the map every single time. When I try to go into another one of my households or into another person it just sits at the loading screen forever and I have not been able to get access to anything else besides the map on this specific save.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to see my sims and be able to play with them. I am not sure where they are seeing as it says that they are not anywhere, but I would like for them to be sent home so that I can return to playing with them as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My SS is not working.

Message 68 of 100 (658 Views)

★ Guide
I have this with the Onsen lot. It kicks me to the world view and if I insist on going to the lot, then I get stuck on the infinity loading screen.
Message 69 of 100 (594 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too Frown my family is not playable because of this bug

Message 70 of 100 (543 Views)