Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Sad sims without sad moodlets/ Homesick moodlet hidden

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Parenthood, Realm Of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Spa Day, Toddler Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to Mt. Komorebi
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets into sad mood for no reason and also they do not have any sad moodlet
What do you expect to see? Sad sims should have a sad moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Snowy Escape

It firstly appeared at a specific place in Senbamachi or Yukimatsu neighborhood (cannot remember) while i was hiking with my sims (I added this place's picture). After this event, my sims have started getting a sad mood occasionally, without any related moodlet - especially while I'm inside Mt Komorebi. After getting some (2-3) happy moodlets, the sad mood goes away but i think they are also getting sad instead of being fine if there is no moodlet.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 22 (5,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Sad sims without sad moodlets/ Homesick moodlet hidden

Hero

Are you Sad Sim? Are you Sad, really Sad? Traveling across all Worlds, you shouldn’t be… Sad, and without a Moodlet. Sad around the Worlds… you shouldn’t be.
O Sims that were Sad all the time without a Moodlet to tell you why? It should no longer occur.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (2,597 Views)

All Replies

Re: [SE] Sad sims without sad moodlets

★★★ Apprentice

I have seen this also, with two sims vacationing in Mt Komorebi - it hasn't happened since they've gone home to San Myshuno, or when vacationing in Sulani. I am on PC, with all EP, GP and SP installed, no mods.

Message 2 of 22 (5,487 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to my Sims as well, even when they vacationed in Sulani or if they were at home and it doesn't explain why they are sad. Maybe it has to do with not recently spending enough time with the people they're close with? I know if they share sentiments with another Sim and that Sim gets sad, they will share the same feeling which is a really nice change.

Message 3 of 22 (5,480 Views)

★ Pro

Found one hidden sad moodlet: buff_Region_Vacation_homesick, weight=1, duration=240 minutes. Sounds like your Sim is homesick.

Message 4 of 22 (5,472 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@kusurusu That is probably the issue, thanks! Seems like it’s not a big deal but I hope they will fix it too ^_^
Message 5 of 22 (5,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have also had this problem! Except rather than last a little while, my Sims' default state is 'sad' (rather than 'fine') and it seems to be permanent. Plus, it affects the whole family and something that seems to trigger it is when a sim uses a toilet in the Onsen or rental home (really weird!!). It's super frustrating and I've tried repairing the game and replacing objects etc. Really hope this gets fixed!!

Message 6 of 22 (5,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well I'm glad to hear it's just homesickness, was wondering what it was. I'm just jumping in to say you do not need Snowy Escape for this to happen- I do not have the pack and I got the bug(?) while vacationing at a rental in Sulani. Actually, maybe I'm not glad it's homesickness, it kind of punishes you for taking a long vacation, which is meant to be fun :/

EDIT: Wait, I really hope it's not permanent...

EDIT2: It is not permanent for me, it went away after some time back at home

Message 7 of 22 (5,375 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this bug both before and after installing Snowy Escape. My sim will have a happy moodlet but their mood will be sad, which makes no sense... It started after the November 10th update

Message 8 of 22 (5,313 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Sad sims without sad moodlets/ Homesick moodlet hidden

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too today. My sims were on a vacation in Selvadorada and out of the blue they both got sad, a young adult and a toddler, but they did not have any sad moodlet and there was nothing happening that could've triggered it. 

Message 9 of 22 (5,270 Views)

My Sim is always sad, even if he hasn't got any effects.‎

★ Novice

My Sim is always sad, even if he hasn't got any effects.‎ Everywhere and anytime he is always sad. Can you help me with that?

Message 10 of 22 (5,248 Views)