Re: [OPEN] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

by coltsfan017

Original Post

★ Guide

Same problem here. Removing them only partially works. It gets rid of it in the Lifestyle panel but my Sim is still plagued with constant negative moodlets from it after it's been removed. It causes script errors every time I travel because the game can't remove the lifestyle. Not even disabling lifestyles in the game settings works. I've already posted in several other threads about this.

Lifestyles are so unbelievably broken.

Message 31 of 100 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict 

Not sure which post this belongs in, so I'll post this in a couple places.  It has to do with corrupted lifestyles errors.

After quite a bit of trial and error (so to speak), here is what I have discovered.  I had saved my Sim with Workaholic at risk of being lost.  When it finally drops, the errors begin.

If I use a cheat to remove it, the errors begin.

I also note, that the lifestyles I do have, are shown in the panel, but are not "lit up as active" when I click on the Lifestyle Button.  When I start a new game, I have to use a cheat to remove them, and then cheat again to get them back.

Message 32 of 100 (1,436 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this? My sims still has 7 "active lifestyles" (sedentary, techie, workaholic, indoorsy, people person, and single and loving it). It is seriously getting annoying because I have gone to the lifestyle class to get rid of the workaholic one, which has been causing me the most issues, and despite not being on my active panel in my sims panel, it is still impacting her life. Also, I tried drinking the lifestyle drink that helps you get rid of them, and funny enough not only did my sim not actually drink that drink, but it allowed me to get rid of all of her drink with just one glass. Seriously, it is getting to the point where the game is almost unplayable. She is tense all the time because of her workaholic lifestyle that I have actively gotten rid of twice. I genuinely don't know if I will keep playing with this pack installed if it continues to have this problem.

Message 33 of 100 (1,395 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue for me, my sim has the workaholic trait as a 4th lifestyle trait and he is forever tense. Is there a work around for this yet? 

Message 34 of 100 (1,370 Views)

Re: 4th Lifestyle activated... ???

★ Apprentice

I have 5 now and can not remove them either. Very frustrating. Hope this is fixed soon. 

Message 35 of 100 (1,317 Views)

Unable to remove unwanted lifestyles with any in game methods

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All eps, realm of magic, dine out, parenthood, spa day, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day, fitness stuff, bowling night, backyard stuff, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio and spooky stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a lifestyle on a sim, try to remove it using the lifestyle coaching class, lifestyle-go-poof potion or cheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lifestyle continues to be on your sim despite it supposed to have been removed.
What do you expect to see? Lifestyles should go away when I use methods to remove them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed snowy escape

Sorry if this is a known issue already! I do use cc hairs and eyes but they have never caused me an issue before.

Message 36 of 100 (1,310 Views)

Re: 4th Lifestyle activated... ???

★ Guide

I made a separate thread, but this is the issue I am having as well. I hope they fix it in the next patch :/

Message 37 of 100 (1,291 Views)

Re: Unable to remove unwanted lifestyles with any in game methods

★★★★★ Guide

@akasunanokitten I think this could be a problem with MCC as I use it too and old traits and lifestyles remain, which I sadly just have to live with as I need MCC so much!  I've never found a way round this and have been trying for weeks.  I think the answer is to remove MCC or just put up with it.  Frown  I now have lifestyles turned off, but they still remain on a couple of my sims.  

Message 38 of 100 (1,290 Views)

★ Guide

I don't even have MCC, so honestly I think it's a bug not related to mods at all. Regardless it's very irritating, I've found out that this bug is actually the same as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-More-than-three-active-lifestyles/m-p/9737798#M162019

Message 39 of 100 (1,287 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also encounter this bug with the lifestyles, I tested in a save without any mods, my sims also get a 4 lifestyles.

I have tried all the solutions offered so far nothing seems to work.

Message 40 of 100 (1,196 Views)