★ Guide

I am having this issue as well. 

Message 21 of 100 (2,125 Views)

Servo has unlimited lifestyles

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on Servo, see that they have more than 3 lifestyles
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the servo has more than 3 lifestyles, the UI looks weird
What do you expect to see? Either servo lifestyles are limited or the UI is changed to show them all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm playing with a servo and it looks like they can have an unlimited amount of lifestyles at a time, which breaks the UI

Message 22 of 100 (2,070 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My lifestyle wont go away... Tried the phone and the potion and nothing... 

Message 23 of 100 (2,024 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: There's also a bug, it seems, with the Lifestyle Go Poof potion. It does not disappear from inventory when used. I used it to remove all of a Sim's lifestyles, but she still gets buffs. I turned off lifestyles, and she STILL gets buffs. The other sim in my household, still shows all the lifestyles but gets no buffs anymore. It's very odd.

Message 24 of 100 (1,979 Views)

★★ Novice

I was in the process of trying to complete all collectables and am quite far - only to have the "frequent traveller" lifestyle trait completely ruin my game. I removed the trait through the potion available and a coach. My game shows I don't have the active trait, yet my sim is constantly "bored" from not traveling.

This bug has made my game virtually unplayable. I can't do ANYTHING because my sim is bored. I tried cheat codes, repairing my game and pretty much anything else I read online and it's not working. I don't use mods or CC. This is hands-down the worst bug I've ever had - and I've seen many others have it - and it needs to be fixed immediately. 

If anyone has found a workaround for fixing this, please please please respond with instructions how to fix it. I don't even want to bother starting a new save file, because I figure I'll only have the same problem once again. 

We all put up with a lot of BS from EA, but this is ridiculous. 

Message 25 of 100 (1,812 Views)

Re: Lifestyle traits showing as 5

★★★ Apprentice

My sim currently has 5 lifestyles, the UI is glitched. I play without any mods or CC on PC.

Message 26 of 100 (1,765 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

From what I've tested, the Sim Info Lifestyle UI doesn't update after a Lifestyle is removed, either losing it or cheating it.

I still cannot figure out why is it that Lifestyles are still being added even past 3, though I did find that ststistics.lifestyle_service tuning has a Tunable called MAX_ACTIVE_LIFESTYLES, which is set to 3 by default (If you check, it is not listed in the tuning, you don't need to list if it uses the default value) though I don't know know where else is it used in the XMLs.

As I get ever increasing wary of this issue getting fixed, I've decided to try to fix it through a mod thereby allowing statistic values to increase if there are 2 or less lifestyle traits or if the Sim has a corresponding lifestyle trait that is required to go with the statistic.

If you are use TwistedMexi's AllCheats mod, there is a lifestyles command that will reset all traitStatistics and can potentially remove some lifestyle traits from that Sim, you should use it if you want to reset your Sim from all Lifestyles: lifestyles.reset_all (To note: if you see any errors mentioning a trait, it means that lifestyle trait has been removed, I think it is due to that lifestyle having 2 traits hooked to it) 

Message 27 of 100 (1,725 Views)

★★ Guide

also seeing this on XB1

Message 28 of 100 (1,667 Views)

★ Guide

Have the same issues. When I get rid of a lifestyle it remains "active" in the menu and I have the negative moodlets from it. Tried getting rid of the lifestyles in different ways. The part of the menu in down right corner is warped, cannot click on "lifestyle" button to go to the menu. 

Maximum I had was 6 active lifestyles at the same time, even though I got rid of 4 for that particular sim (potion, cheat and going to the coach with phone). 

Message 29 of 100 (1,629 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is a mood, I currently also have 5 lifestyles. The original active 3 are: Caffeine/coffee fanatic (I’m not on rn), Outdoor Enthusiast, and People Person. The other two that showed up after are: Single and Loving It, and Energetic. I have two more in progress, the Travel one and the Adrenaline one. 

I cheated to remove the SLI and Energetic ones, bc SLI wasn’t what I wanted, and Energetic, combined with the other two I have active, literally wouldn’t let my sim sleep. They no longer appear under the sim’s tab and I don’t think they’re giving me buffs, but they’re still under the lifestyles tab. And I can’t do the “add them back and then remove them” cheat (not that it worked for me before) bc it won’t let me cheat to add more than 3. 

Message 30 of 100 (1,490 Views)