Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim with the snowy escape expansion installed and do the actions needed to unlock new lifestyles. After three lifestyles become active new lifestyles will continue to become active despite being at the lifestyle cap.
What happens when the bug occurs? More than three active lifestyles.
What do you expect to see? Only three active lifestyles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After getting three lifestyles last night while playing when I continued my save today two more lifestyles unlocked and became active on top of the three I already had. Annoying as I was hoping on the lifestyle cap to keep from getting lifestyles I didn't want for my sim and had been working to avoid the unwanted lifestyles. I can only assume that any lifestyle unlocked from here on out will become active immediately as these ones have and in general it sounds like it'll be a pain to deal with.

This save has no mods in it as I made this file after hearing about the crashing issues with the new pack. Modded saves are still in my list of saves in game but I removed all of my CC before this save in particular so it shouldn't be affected by any CC at all. 

Concurrent with this issue I have also been dealing with the crashes though it seems they've been remedied by disabling the 'origin in game' feature in origin's settings and I also cannot opt my sims out of fame in the settings menu (though 'quit the spotlight' works) - in case any of those issues are relevant to this one. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 100 (24,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to click the lifestyle button if sim has 6 lifestyles

Hero

Sims now correctly gain up to three active Lifestyles.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 100 of 100 (5,054 Views)

All Replies

4th Lifestyle activated... ???

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Snowy Escape patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs (EP/GP/SP) installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with 3 Lifestyle already.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my sims already has 3 Lifestyles, then all of a sudden he activated a 4th Lifestyle.
What do you expect to see? There should only be 3 Lifestyles active per sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Are we not suppose to have only 3 Lifestyle active per sim? Mine just got a 4th one activated. 

Message 2 of 100 (24,826 Views)

Re: More than three active lifestyles

★★★ Apprentice

Me too, it's really annoying. I can't properly remove the extra lifestyles either. I've tried both the Lifestyle-Go-Poof Potion and cheats. All that happens is that the extra lifestyle is removed from the slots on the simology page. If I enter the lifestyle menu they're still set as active, and I still get buffs from them. I also got the people person lifestyle even though my sim only has four friends and doesn't know a lot of sims at all. I don't believe it was 'in progress' at any time either, just suddenly active.

Message 3 of 100 (24,823 Views)

Re: More than three active lifestyles

★ Guide

My sim currently has 5 active lifestyles. I’ve tried using the “go poof” potion but it doesn’t actually remove the “active” tag on the lifestyle page nor does it disappear from my inventory, but it obviously thinks it’s worked because if you try again the lifestyle you “removed” no longer shows up in the list of lifestyles that can be removed. 

it’s annoying because my sim likes being unemployed but somehow managed to gain the workaholic lifestyle so I had to get her a job to stop her being permanently tense.

Message 4 of 100 (24,775 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

★★ Guide

I didn't even realize they were supposed to cap at three until I came here for other bug-reports and saw this. My sim has four as well, so I had been wondering if six is a cap, or if there is no cap at all.

Message 5 of 100 (24,764 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Lumiasta There are only three lifestyle slots which was supposed to be the max. After going over three the menu spot for lifestyles becomes a bit buggy with the lifestyles glitching behind the lifestyle menu button. It even says that your sim would have to lose a lifestyle to earn a new one in the menu once you hit three but unfortunately the game doesn't seem to get the memo on that. 

Message 6 of 100 (24,745 Views)

★ Guide

My Sim just gained a 4th lifestyle, even though it cleary said on the lifestyles menu that she'd have to lose a lifestyle before she could gain one.

It also looks weird in the UI, half hidden under the menu and the lifestyles button.

Although, I think my game crashed due to the sound bug, so I think she'll just have two or three lifestyles when I reload my game.

Nevertheless, this feature clearly isn't working as intended.

Message 7 of 100 (24,734 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Same issue on PS4. My two sims have 4 unlocked lifestyles.

The Sims™ 4_20201116093741_1.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201116121638_1.jpg

Message 8 of 100 (24,725 Views)

★★ Guide

I had the same issue of a Sim having 5 of them active. I tried the lifestyle coach from the phone, and that didn’t work to remove them completely. I tried the reward potion and it didn’t appear to work at first, but they did finally clear after I had my Sim travel to another lot. It’s worth a try, not sure if it ultimately was the life coaching or reward that did it, because I tried them both right before traveling. 

Message 9 of 100 (24,644 Views)

Lifestyle traits showing as 5

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In lifestyle tab
What happens when the bug occurs? Had 3 lifestyles and there was a bug with the life coach that didn’t remove them so I now have 5
What do you expect to see? To only have 3 lifestyle traits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please see photo

Message 10 of 100 (24,605 Views)