by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Moodlets from lifestyles Sim never had

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Spa Day, Moschino, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Normally play the game, it may appear anytime
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims have moodlets about lifestyles they havent acquired
What do you expect to see? Sims should not have moodlets related to non-acquiried lifestyles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Snowy Escape or updating with Nov 17 patch

My sims have moodlets related to some lifestyles they do not have. It happened with different sims in different neighborhoods. On the first picture, I remember my sim had "energetic lifestyle" before but it suddenly disappeared without a warning and i am still encountering such related moodlets. To be completely sure if there is a problem about UI or not, i tried using lifestyle go-poof potion but it says "there are not any lifestyles can be deleted" or something like that. On the second picture, my sim never got "indoorsy lifestyle", but again a related moodlet appeared.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Tag

Message 1 of 16 (1,985 Views)

Re: [SE] Moodlets from inactive lifestyles

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. My sims went on vacation to Mt. Komorebi to do a bit of snowboarding. They became Outdoorsy and Energetic. When I returned home, they were uncomfortable and bored a lot so I used the Lifestyles Go-Poof potion to remove them, but my sims are still getting the negative moodlets associated with the lifestyles. Kind of like how my sims still get the negative moodlets from removed traits.

Message 2 of 16 (1,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JuliaChang93 There does seem to be an issue with lifestyles not getting removed properly, especially if you have the more than 3 bug as well so a question about the one where you said they never had that lifestyle:

Was it ever in progress ? Did you delete create the Sim from scratch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (1,924 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict No, it was never in a progress and also totally locked while having that moodlet. I did not delete my sim before, do i need to? O_O
Message 4 of 16 (1,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JuliaChang93 Sorry, I wanted to say create (Not EXACTLY the same, I know,  but close :P ). Create from scratch or get from the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (1,917 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Tagging again to see my corrected question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,857 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Hey! Haha now that’s okay, the idea of creating a new sim is in my mind but i couldn’t play the game recently, so i havent tried it yet Frown also i have more than one sims having 3+ lifestyles for now...

By the way, i had downloaded a new sim from the gallery (didnt create it by myself) to the same save file the last time i played, ill keep you updated after i play it for some time; is this sim also suitable for the test; right? I mean, do i need a fresh new save?
Message 7 of 16 (1,842 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 What I'm trying to find out is if it's possible that the Sim you're having lifestyle issues with that NEVER had the lifestyle, might have had them but were removed and then uploaded to the gallery.

So basically, if you downloaded that Sim that has moodlets for lifestyles they never had, maybe they did have that lifestyle before the other user uploaded them.

Long story short: That Sim that never had the lifestyle he gets moodlets for, was he from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,825 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict "That Sim that never had the lifestyle he gets moodlets for, was he from the gallery ?"

No, unfortunately she was my sim and she never had such lifestyle before :/ Also checked out if it was on progress but it was completely locked tho (Maybe there was a progression before that might trigger a related moodlet but during the effect of it, there wasn't any).
Message 9 of 16 (1,774 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Could you upload her to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,758 Views)